New forums or sub-forums?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
It seems about perfect to me as it is now, although if there is to be change, I'm another sbscriber to "less is more."

Mind you, I think the newbie forum is a very good idea. Most other forums (not cycling ones) have a "hello I'm new" section or similar and it's a lot less threatening for a new poster to make an introductory post there :evil:

Dave5N said:
Perhaps a sub-forum in P & L entitled 'Unreasoned Rightwing Bigotry'?
I thought that was what P&L was for in the first place...

Less is more here too please. I like the melting pot effect and to be honest, I can't see the point of the Welcome sub-board either. By all means direct people to the Cafe to say hello (as they often do anyway) but the point is surely that it's one big heaving mass. I'll say hello to someone who posts in Cafe, but I doubt that I'd make a special effort to check a Welcome Mat board.

And please, some of us really, really hated the way that ACF was divided, subdivided and then sub-sub-sub-divided...;)

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Chuffy said:
And please, some of us really, really hated the way that ACF was divided, subdivided and then sub-sub-sub-divided...:biggrin:

Don't worry, I'm not looking for forum Eutopia - I'm not all that organised myself - just wondered, what with all the new people around and the wide range of banter the gets covered on CC, whether there was any merit to adding new or re-jigging the existing forums a bit.

So far the thread isn't overrun with new forum suggestions, so I expect we're doing okay as we are, but I just like to raise the question now and then to see what people think.

Cheers,
Shaun :smile:

PS. What do people think to the idea of changing the colour scheme for CC to Ultra-girly Pink? .... ;)

Girly pink I can live with. As long as there isn't a separate 'I like it blue' sub-forum. ;)

I just think that having less boards means people have to mingle more and that can only be a good thing. I agree that newcomers may be bewildered by the banter, but that's just part of life on any forum.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Fab Foodie said:
... hang on a moment though... a LLB and Mr Paul section might be good :wacko:

We have - the green wheelie bin! or the playpen it could be renamed;).

One thing I think I have noticed since the changes occurred - its seems to take longer when you click on post to go to the first unread one, it now seems to go to the right page, but first display the top of the page, then after a second of two of deep thought, it remembers which was the last post you read. Has anyone else noticed that or is it just me?

Top Bottom