New forums or sub-forums?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Dannyg said:
Or taking Alec's point on board...

Audax, Sportives, and Road Racing and Rides, Clubs, and Events

I agree. There does seem to be a lot of overlap as how things are now.

One idea I have for a sub forum is differing bits of the country seem to be getting their own official branches of cycle chat - LHCCC, West Yorks, Scotland etc and wondered at some point whether they might do better being segregated or herded into Rides, Clubs and Events?

I think the Electric Cafe is weirdly managed. People have threads on what tvs, Wiis come up a lot but only a few of them seem to have made it into the Electric Cafe.

Will1985

Über Member
Can we have a crèche for the kids? :laugh: ;)

Dave5N

Über Member
I'm with Fab Foodie on this, I quite like the clutter.

I use the cyclo-cross forum but wouldn't be that bothered if you want to move it.

Perhaps a sub-forum in P & L entitled 'Unreasoned Rightwing Bigotry'?

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
can we have a bit for all the senile old buggers?

Loving the sub-forums icons

Young Un

I've had enough of Joe and his stupid 'you love me' and winding up antics - so I am just leaving him alone;) And letting Radius have a turn in the ring for a bit.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
alecstilleyedye said:
indeed it isn't. but we shouldn't be doing/not doing things just because other forums do/don't. you could dress this place up like yacf but it would still be different.
Sorry, I meant that I never really got on with the very organised and subdivided style of acf/yacf, even though I like yacf. I appreciate that the style and clientelle here are different but I still wouldn't want further prissy organisation.

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Fab Foodie said:
Sorry, I meant that I never really got on with the very organised and subdivided style of acf/yacf, even though I like yacf. I appreciate that the style and clientelle here are different but I still wouldn't want further prissy organisation.

So you're saying there's a certain attraction to an eclectic forum style? :evil:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Admin said:
So you're saying there's a certain attraction to an eclectic forum style? :evil:
For me yes! Most of my life is eclectic, I'm poorly organised, my desk's a mess, I have no filing systems anywhere that function but I managed to find some sembelance of order in Chaos. My hundreds of CD's and albums are in random order, I soon find the ones I want and in the search find gems I'd long forgotten I had. My brain kinda works the same way, it's triggered by random things, it connects random observations and ideas... it's maybe why I'm happy in creative development/trouble-shooting mode where organised thought is not always the most useful kind... I'm rambling now...

Most forums I've seen do seem to migrate towards ever smaller and smaller divisions and sub sets... it just makes them tedious to navigate around... I prefer 1 big party to lots of little private ones!

Top Bottom