New forums or sub-forums?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shaun

Founder
Would you like to see some more forums or sub-forums for a particular subject?

Is it worth adding a weight watchers sub-forum to the Health and Fitness forum?

Does the Technical Section need a new area for discussion?

Let me have your thoughts and suggestions.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Can I make a suggestion on my own thread ... how about a Newbies forum?

I know a lot of people pop into beginners and Cafe to say hello, but wouldn't it be nice to have a reception area where we can say hello, take their hat and coat, and show them around the place?

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Landslide

Rare Migrant
As opposed to Beginners? Not sure I can see the need for any more fora, pretty much any subject you can think of fits into one or more of the existing categories. More options will (to my mind) make things more confusing.

Danny

Legendary Member
Having been meaning to say that there seems to be a lot of overlap between

Road, Rides, Audax and Sportives
and
Events, Clubs, and Lift Shares

For example both seem to be used to publicise rides organised by CC members.

I wonder whether one or both should be renamed to make the distinction clearer.

PS Like the new Electric Cafe forum

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Landslide said:
As opposed to Beginners? Not sure I can see the need for any more fora, pretty much any subject you can think of fits into one or more of the existing categories. More options will (to my mind) make things more confusing.

ah, but newbs to the site are not necessarily newbs to cycling, and there are plenty here who are forum regulars who consider themselves as beginners.

+1 for the café welcome mat, with the sticky explaining all those acronyms that get flung around (smidsy, imho etc) which currently resides in beginners.

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Dannyg said:
Having been meaning to say that there seems to be a lot of overlap between

Road, Rides, Audax and Sportives
and
Events, Clubs, and Lift Shares

Hmmm ... well what about: Road, Audax, and Sportives and Rides, Clubs, and Events?

dodgy

Have a look at www.avforums.com for an understanding of what it's like when there's too many sub forums...

yello

Can we have a drivel sub-forum... so I can ignore it!

Generally speaking, less is more imo. I reckon it's about right at the moment but a merge of Audax & Ride is a good idea. I don't think there's that many audaxers here anyway, yacf seems to be the default audaxers forum.

Danny

Legendary Member
Admin said:
Hmmm ... well what about: Road, Audax, and Sportives and Rides, Clubs, and Events?
Or taking Alec's point on board...

Audax, Sportives, and Road Racing and Rides, Clubs, and Events

barq

Could we consider making some of the less used forums into sub-forums? Helmet cams into Gallery. I wonder too about whether Cyclo-cross, Recumbent and Fixed/single speed should be sub-forums of Special Interests - or is that going a bit far?

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
barq said:
Could we consider making some of the less used forums into sub-forums? Helmet cams into Gallery. I wonder too about whether Cyclo-cross, Recumbent and Fixed/single speed should be sub-forums of Special Interests - or is that going a bit far?

I'd go along with the above and the 'less is more' ethos. This isn't yacf.
I'm not big on filing, I'm a 'random clutter of interest' person.

Young Un

barq said:

I think they should be left as they are, as too many sub forums could get even more confusing i think.

Also on the subject of subforums I dont really like how they are set out being under the main forum title - I don't know how it could be improved, I just know that it doesn't look/feel right, but then it may just be me:wacko:

Top Bottom