Something New

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Just had this
Screenshot_2022-12-29-00-12-44.png

pop up on the screen.

Not having seen it before, has anyone else had this?

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I got the same - GDPR related?

presta

Guru
Just logged out and back in again, nothing here. I'm on a laptop, is this on smartphone only?

Shaun

Founder
Since the GDPR rollout we've been displaying non-personalised ads; these have been pulled from the non-branded ads pools and generate considerably less revenue for the running of the site (see various posts poking fun at some of the ads!) ^_^

There have been some recent updates and we can now offer options to tailor preferences for personalised ads, which is what the pop-up allows. Should you wish to change your preferences, just scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the shield icon (mobile/tablet users should find it on the left).

Petrichorwheels

I had one and turned off every option. Seems to work fine so far.

But from what i can see you can't turn everything off. Apart from having to plough through the "legitimate interest" (legitimate in what sense?) Buttons clicking off there remain a whole line-up of permissions which you can't turn off at all.
Bugger this.
Place for various reasons hasn't been up to much for a while anyway. Definitely not worth big data rifling through my stuff.
So unless I have missed something, bugger it.

JhnBssll

Veteran
I'm getting an annoying popup asking me to turn off my ad blocker, which frankly I'm not going to do. So when it annoys me enough I'll just stop using the forum :laugh:

Is there still an option to pay to remove the ads?

Last edited:
Top Bottom