Solar Sub Forum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Is there any chance we can get a solar sub forum added to Home, Garden and DIY..........or can we have pinned threads like in other areas, where we can just keep posting up and it stays at the top

@Shaun @Moderators

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
There's DIY forums that have plenty on this subject.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

There's DIY forums that have plenty on this subject.

There's also DIY forums that have plenty of subjects on DIY but we have a sub forum for it.....but maybe if someone else asked, the above response wouldn't have been made

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I don't see the need for a sub forum - or indeed a massive number of separate threads, there are not that many of us really interested in the topic and I guess interest will wane when people are setup and confident with their settings.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

I don't see the need for a sub forum - or indeed a massive number of separate threads, there are not that many of us really interested in the topic and I guess interest will wane when people are setup and confident with their settings.

that could also be said about a lot of the sub forums, but they still get added......whats the saying "build it and they will come"

classic33

Leg End Member
When the purpose is
The place to show/brag/report on your solar production for the day.............
It's a sign of what may come.

Many of the other subforums were started as a result of threads being started elsewhere, before the subforum was created.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

When the purpose is

It's a sign of what may come.

Many of the other subforums were started as a result of threads being started elsewhere, before the subforum was created.

You highlight a post from another thread.....and its not to brag about, hey i got solar you havent, but more about how well my system is working or other peoples systems. But you don't see it that why, because you have issues with me as a member of this forum and your allowing those issues to cloud what could be a good thread/sub forum on solar/wind/alternative energy.

You say there are plenty of other DIY forums out there with that information, well there also other cycling forums out there too, but we all use CC, there are other gardening, health, money, pet, money forums out there, but we added sub forums to CC for the reason of keeping members here interested in CC.

So the purpose isnt solely to brag, even though we have many sub forums on this forum were people BRAG about what they got, but only YOU have an issue with it.

Now i asked Shaun and the moderators on the Site support part of the forum a question and not YOU

classic33

Leg End Member
You highlight a post from another thread.....and its not to brag about, hey i got solar you havent, but more about how well my system is working or other peoples systems. But you don't see it that why, because you have issues with me as a member of this forum and your allowing those issues to cloud what could be a good thread/sub forum on solar/wind/alternative energy.

You say there are plenty of other DIY forums out there with that information, well there also other cycling forums out there too, but we all use CC, there are other gardening, health, money, pet, money forums out there, but we added sub forums to CC for the reason of keeping members here interested in CC.

So the purpose isnt solely to brag, even though we have many sub forums on this forum were people BRAG about what they got, but only YOU have an issue with it.

Now i asked Shaun and the moderators on the Site support part of the forum a question and not YOU
Already one running in NCA&P.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Already one running in NCA&P.

This is not NACA…..and as per the rules stated by shaun, not to be discussed on here.

Chislenko

Veteran
The problem I see is where do sub forums end.

Another member may request one for heat source pumps, then another for insulation, then another for that we'll known energy saving device, a human powered screwdriver.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

The problem I see is where do sub forums end.

Another member may request one for heat source pumps, then another for insulation, then another for that we'll known energy saving device, a human powered screwdriver.

So a green energy sub forum would cover most of what you state…….and insulation would come under DIY…..

we have many sub forums for a reason, i mean we have one for pets and holidays ffs…..i mean we got a classifieds section with 4 different sub forums within it. So why not a green energy section, with sub forums under that….

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Its funny how the ones objecting dont have solar………but are happy to post in the motoring, money, sport, animal, diy sections of the Cycling forum.

I've got solar and I think you've made a very valid point by accident. Namely there's too many sub forums on here. Travel could be in with touring. One for selling and one for wanting. DIY to sports could be in hobbies. Personal matters in cc chat. Why every possible type of cycling having their own subforum? Folding bikes and electric bikes in commuting. Recumbents could have cargo bikes and fixed gear in them.

I'm sure a real cull of the already too many forums, merging into the most appropriate wider forums would make it a more manageable forum list, especially good for mobile phone users visiting here.

I think Jowwy made a good case for this by accident and by the replies made to his posts.

Top Bottom