Solar Sub Forum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Does anyone use the forum filters? I know I don't,

I only use the New Post button, so it makes no difference to me what folder/sub folder/sub sub folder a post is in, the only one that makes a difference is the system is able to filter the dark side folder.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Does anyone use the forum filters? I know I don't,

I do and think it an excellent feature. I have 31 subforums on "ignore" as I've no interest in the subjects, especially Shopping Deals, Discounts and Bargains!

I use the blue button a lot but still want topics I'm not interested in filtered out. I wouldn't want to see, for example, Personal Matters in Cafe, I follow both, as it just clogs up that subforum.

A solar subforum is of little interest to me, I'd probably read it initially and then "ignore." I can't see why there shouldn't be a solar subforum if folk want it but this doesn't seem necessary for perhaps three threads threads, one of which has attracted no response in four days.

Last edited:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Blue button, top left to show New Posts only

Screenshot_20221024_084710.jpg

Blue button?

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I do and think it an excellent feature. I have 31 subforums on "ignore" as I've no interest in the subjects, especially Shopping Deals, Discounts and Bargains!

I use the blue button a lot but still want topics I'm not interested in filtered out. I wouldn't want to see, for example, Personal Matters in Cafe, I follow both, as it just clogs up that subforum.

A solar subforum is of little interest to me, I'd probably read it initially and then "ignore." I can't see why there shouldn't be a solar subforum if folk want it but this doesn't seem necessary for perhaps three threads threads, one of which has attracted no response in four days.

Is that because no ones solar has broken down yet??? And i did change it fo Green energy subforum, so not just solar but maybe wind, air source heat, etc etc etc

for me its not DIY……You could say its home, but i think its bigger that and if there was a section available, people may or may not use it. But who knows.

Last edited:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Is that because no ones solar has broken down yet??? And i did change it fo Green energy subforum, so not just solar but maybe wind, air source heat, etc etc etc

for me its not DIY……You could say its home, but i think its bigger that and if there was a section available, people may or may not use it. But who knows.

By all means call it a Green Energy forum, it will be of interest to those in a position to install such systems. I'm very interested in green energy but with a much wider discussion than domestic installation. That would by its nature involve politics and so unfortunately would not be allowed. For me I'd still put the forum on "ignore" so if you're desire is to inform people it's probably better to leave the discussion in Home and DIY.

As for the thread with no replies, yes it probably is because no one has encountered a problem. This makes it a pointless thread which clogs the forum and will probably drop off the first page in a couple of weeks.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
By all means call it a Green Energy forum, it will be of interest to those in a position to install such systems. I'm very interested in green energy but with a much wider discussion than domestic installation. That would by its nature involve politics and so unfortunately would not be allowed. For me I'd still put the forum on "ignore" so if you're desire is to inform people it's probably better to leave the discussion in Home and DIY.

As for the thread with no replies, yes it probably is because no one has encountered a problem. This makes it a pointless thread which clogs the forum and will probably drop off the first page in a couple of weeks.

but also said have the as pinned posts, like in some other sub forums, so they dont get lost.

Im just giving some suggestions, that only 1 or 2 seem to dislike for whatever reason.

Chislenko

Veteran
But where does it end, I would love a thread devoted to Northern Soul or The Balkan Countries but accept they would have a limited audience.

I feel sure other people may want a thread on Hyenas or lesser spotted Dalmatians, but we have to accept we can't all get what we want regardless of how much we stamp our feet.

classic33

Leg End Member

More or less what I said. Only I mentioned where it would end up and got shouted down on bother occasions.

Top Bottom