Pinned threads on Monthly Challenges sub-forum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ajax Bay

Guru
As said let's unpin (is a 'chatzone') and remove '2022' from the title of: "The 2022 Half Century (50km or 50M) a month challenge chatzone"

OP
OP
steverob

steverob

Guru
Actually there is already a 2023 Chatzone thread for the Half Century challenge, so there should be no need to re-name.

I think that's the only challenge that has a different chatzone thread for each year, possibly because it is the most used compared to the other challenges that keep the same thread going from year to year - whether that's a good idea or not I don't know, but it seems to have been that way for a while. But yes, definitely shouldn't be pinned either way.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
OP
OP
steverob

steverob

Guru
Can those that run the challenge threads, @13 rider @ColinJ @Sea of vapours make a note to ask the mod team to unsticky old challenge threads at the end of the current year.
I think one of them might already have done that (at least for the threads they run), because when I went to the Challenges forum earlier, there were some 2023 threads already pinned and some 2022 ones unpinned.

I thought it was just an opportunity to get the rest of them done in one hit and make everything neat and tidy! Especially as there was one challenge last year that didn't get pinned - mainly because it was created after all the others well into the new year, so would have been forgotten.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I think one of them might already have done that, because when I went to the Challenges forum earlier, there were some 2023 threads already pinned and some 2022 ones unpinned. I thought it was just an opportunity to get the rest of them done in one hit and make everything neat and tidy!

Yes, it was easier with the links to the various threads. If you notice any other changes that need doing, could please tag me on here, and I will follow up your request. Please note that I am not on the forum all the time, just visit a couple of times a day. ^_^

13 rider

Guru
Actually there is already a 2023 Chatzone thread for the Half Century challenge, so there should be no need to re-name.

I think that's the only challenge that has a different chatzone thread for each year, possibly because it is the most used compared to the other challenges that keep the same thread going from year to year - whether that's a good idea or not I don't know, but it seems to have been that way for a while. But yes, definitely shouldn't be pinned either way.
The half century challenge only has a separate Chatzone each year because I took over in its 2nd year and in the first year the chatzone had the date in it I've just carried on with a separate one each year. The reason I've kept it it seems to attract new entrants each year as people see a new thread created and view it to see what it's about ,

OP
OP
steverob

steverob

Guru
@bluenotebob It doesn't look like the 2022 Three Times a Week thread was actually pinned, so there's nothing to do there.

Pinning basically means that the thread stays at the top of the page, even if there haven't been any new posts added to it recently. Otherwise a challenge thread can start to fall down the page if no-one is posting any rides to it for a while.

Top Bottom