Ride your bike for at least 30 minutes at least three times a week, every week, for a year

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Here is a challenge for everyone, even if you haven’t been on your bike much in recent years. The aim is to get out on your bike at least 3 times a week, for at least 30 mins at a time. The primary purpose is to aim to get back into a regular riding routine if it’s slipped of late.

What I don’t want to make this, is about distance , or average speeds, which will put many off. Post your rides, include photos if you have any, and include the time you were out for, and which ride (1,2,3 etc) of the week it was.

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Week 1

Ride 1 - Mon 3rd Jan
- 2 hours 15 mins. No photos as left camera at home. Ride round local lanes whilst sun out. Quite a few people out and about on bikes. Lanes a bit muddy and flooded in places. Didn’t need gloves though it was close!

Last edited:

figbat

Slippery scientist
Let’s see how long this lasts!

Week 1

Ride 1
- Mon 3rd Jan
00A89284-E637-487C-A358-E3CA5BEDB0F9.jpeg

Left before dusk, home in the dark. Lots of people walking dogs on shared use paths, but good canine control on the whole.

bluenotebob

Veteran
Good idea - particularly between now and mid-February (my least favourite cycling period).

Week 1

Ride 1 - Tues 4 Jan
20.62km/69 minutes - Kerminy, Evriguet, St Brieuc-de-Mauron, la Plaisance. First leg into the teeth of a bitterly cold NW wind then I sailed east with the wind behind me. My legs were fine but my nose ran like a tap..

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I do love the purple tape.

bluenotebob

Veteran
Week 1

Ride 1 - Tues 4 Jan
20.62km/69 minutes - Kerminy, Evriguet, St Brieuc-de-Mauron, la Plaisance. First leg into the teeth of a bitterly cold NW wind then I sailed east with the wind behind me. My legs were fine but my nose ran like a tap..

Ride 2 - Wed 5 Jan 25.14km/94 minutes - on one of my hybrids (Shaper 200) - loops around local lanes .. still very cold but enjoyable anyway.

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Week 1

Ride 2 - Wed 5th Jan PM
- A ride of 1 hour 28 mins through the lanes. With ice and frost this morning I waited till after lunch to get this ride in. It was the right choice. Bitterly cold, and on one side of a banked lane it was still icy. The rest of the lanes were temporarily defrosted. I suspect it will freeze again overnight. Despite the temps it was lovely in the sun and soon reached a comfortable temperature once I'd been riding for a while.

FILE0382.JPG

FILE0385.JPG

FrothNinja

Veteran
Going to start my weeks on Saturdays. Hope I am doing this right. What happens when you are unable to get out due to inclemency or unavoidable lack of time?
Jan 1 -
  • 10.55mi Distance
  • 56:13 Moving Time
  • 499ft Elevation
Jan 4 -
  • 22.19mi Distance
  • 2:10:55 Moving Time
  • 3,094ft Elevation
Jan 5 -
  • 31.35mi Distance
  • 3:05:10 Moving Time
  • 3,738ft Elevation

Seevio

Guru
As I read this for the first time on 5th January, I realise that I've failed already unless I get a really quiet workload on Friday and can get two 30 minute rides in.

Top Bottom