Ride your bike for at least 30 minutes at least three times a week, every week, for a year

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
What I don’t want to make this, is about distance , or average speeds, which will put many off. Post your rides, include photos if you have any, and include the time you were out for, and which ride (1,2,3 etc) of the week it was.
LOL, Ming, competitive riders are not CAPABLE of NOT spouting off stats. It's like asking birds not to sing. :rolleyes:

figbat

Slippery scientist
Let’s see how long this lasts!

Week 1

Ride 1
- Mon 3rd Jan
View attachment 624987
Left before dusk, home in the dark. Lots of people walking dogs on shared use paths, but good canine control on the whole.
Ride 2 - Wed 5th Jan
DA19B366-3CC4-404C-AFA2-8AA4D852E0A8.jpeg

Went out at 7pm, ended at the pub around 9. -3°C but dressed for it and stayed warm enough.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
As I read this for the first time on 5th January, I realise that I've failed already unless I get a really quiet workload on Friday and can get two 30 minute rides in.

Just try and start as soon as you can. Try and manage as many weeks as you can. If you don’t manage all the weeks, don’t worry. There are no prizes other than being healthier and fitter.

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Going to start my weeks on Saturdays. Hope I am doing this right. What happens when you are unable to get out due to inclemency or unavoidable lack of time?
Jan 1 -
  • 10.55mi Distance
  • 56:13 Moving Time
  • 499ft Elevation
Jan 4 -
  • 22.19mi Distance
  • 2:10:55 Moving Time
  • 3,094ft Elevation
Jan 5 -
  • 31.35mi Distance
  • 3:05:10 Moving Time
  • 3,738ft Elevation

Just try and manage it as many weeks as you can. The world won’t end if you don’t manage every week.

bluenotebob

Veteran
Week 1

Ride 1 - Tues 4 Jan
20.62km/69 minutes - Kerminy, Evriguet, St Brieuc-de-Mauron, la Plaisance. First leg into the teeth of a bitterly cold NW wind then I sailed east with the wind behind me. My legs were fine but my nose ran like a tap..

Ride 2 - Wed 5 Jan 25.14km/94 minutes - on one of my hybrids (Shaper 200) - loops around local lanes .. still very cold but enjoyable anyway.

Ride 3 - Thurs 6 Jan 32.17km/1 hour 59 mins - only 6C .. but at least it was dry. Another very local ride on the Shaper 200 again

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Week 1

Ride 3 - Fri 7th Jan . A ride of 2.5 hours. My third ride this week. It was 2C and I did have concerns about ice. Picked a route where the lanes would mostly catch the sun. Encountered ice early on but glinting in sun and easily avoided. Cold in shadows and warm in sun when sheltered from the northerly wind.

5B336E60-C062-4567-AE47-E3327D14EB9A.jpeg

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
Week 1

Ride 3 - Fri 7th Jan . A ride of 2.5 hours. My third ride this week. It was 2C and I did have concerns about ice. Picked a route where the lanes would mostly catch the sun. Encountered ice early on but glinting in sun and easily avoided. Cold in shadows and warm in sun when sheltered from the northerly wind.

View attachment 625354
Great shadow-pic, Ming. :highfive:

bluenotebob

Veteran
Week 1 completed

Week 2

Ride 1 - Tues 11 Jan
62.32km/3 hrs 37 mins - Gaël, Trémorel, Illifaut. A damp and gloomy ride on my road bike. I cycled a bit of the V6 Voie Verte E of Trémorel .. here's a pic of the approach to the old railway station at Loscouët-sur-Meu

Top Bottom