Ride your bike for at least 30 minutes at least three times a week, every week, for a year

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
If its within the rules (are there any?) I'll start my thrice weekly rideathon on 21 Jan. That day marks exactly 10 years from when I started cycling again on the Dawes Vantage. It was only 5 miles and it nearly killed me ^_^
I'm so out of shape it's ridiculous.

FrothNinja

Veteran
Week 2
I had a plan to double my average speed each time I went out for my half hour this week
1 - Circuitous route from Padiham to Burnley avg speed a controlled 3.4 mph
2 - Loop from Nelson taking in Barrowford and Fence avg speed should have been 7sh mph, was actually 9.2. I can just about average 15 mph on our hills over half an hour, can't see me managing in excess of 18, doh

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Week 2

Ride 2 - Wed 12th Jan
With rain yesterday and freezing overnight with morning fog, waited till lunch for ice to melt and fog burn off. A beautiful winters day with a lovely soft light. Barely a breathe of wind. This is what we ride for! Out for 1 hour 46 mins.

9B8433CE-3C3E-4D6E-BAD8-505E485E11CC.jpeg

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
If its within the rules (are there any?) I'll start my thrice weekly rideathon on 21 Jan. That day marks exactly 10 years from when I started cycling again on the Dawes Vantage. It was only 5 miles and it nearly killed me ^_^
I'm so out of shape it's ridiculous.

Go for it. The idea is to encourage each other to get back into a regular cycling routine.

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
No real rules other than the rides need to be outside. Plus the obligatory photo if you take any during your rides. My preference is people don’t post anything approximating their average speeds. I want posters to feel welcome to the club no matter how far they rode or how fast. Just that they got out at least 3 times for at least 30 mins each ride a week

bluenotebob

Veteran
Week 2

Ride 3 - Thurs 13 Jan
54.44km/3 hrs 22 mins .. bright and sunny but a cold NE wind. A loop out through Ménéac and Quénogé, and then home via Chateau Trô.

Here's my road bike in front of the lake at Chateau Trô.

FrothNinja

Veteran
Ride 3 - Got my third in today - Nelson, Barrowford, Colne, Barrowford, Spen, Briefield. As predicted, nowhere near 18.4 mph, happy with what I managed and including 1000+ft of ascent. First 5 miles to Colne on flats with my usual shoes. Put cleats on new shoes and put clipless pedals on at Wicked Bikez then a devious return route up some stiff climbs to see how I would cope cleated for the first time ever. Week 2 done 👍
DSC_0261a.jpg

Harper's Community Garden, Wheatley Lane

bluenotebob

Veteran
Weeks 1 & 2 completed

Week 3

Ride 1 - Mon 17 Jan
28.75km/1 hr 46 mins - similar to last Wednesday's ride - Plaisance, Kerminy, Guilliers - but as they're digging up the streets in Guilliers, and there are diversions all over the place, I left quickly and didn't do the loop out to Catrafoy

Top Bottom