Solar Sub Forum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
but also said have the as pinned posts, like in some other sub forums, so they dont get lost.

Im just giving some suggestions, that only 1 or 2 seem to dislike for whatever reason.

Then in the first instance I suggest you consider the nature of the majority of pinned threads in each subforum.

As for your second point my purpose in replying was to Phaeton's point regarding filters and the "ignore" function. I also said I see no reason why there shouldn't be a solar/green energy subforum. I for one don't dislike the idea.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Then in the first instance I suggest you consider the nature of the majority of pinned threads in each subforum.

As for your second point my purpose in replying was to Phaeton's point regarding filters and the "ignore" function. I also said I see no reason why there shouldn't be a solar/green energy subforum. I for one don't dislike the idea.

My apologies, i wasnt saying that you was against it.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I've got solar and I think you've made a very valid point by accident. Namely there's too many sub forums on here. Travel could be in with touring. One for selling and one for wanting. DIY to sports could be in hobbies. Personal matters in cc chat. Why every possible type of cycling having their own subforum? Folding bikes and electric bikes in commuting. Recumbents could have cargo bikes and fixed gear in them.

I'm sure a real cull of the already too many forums, merging into the most appropriate wider forums would make it a more manageable forum list, especially good for mobile phone users visiting here.

I think Jowwy made a good case for this by accident and by the replies made to his posts.

I tend to agree on the excessive number of sub fora and pinned posts, but Personal Matters is a special case as it’s only visible to members and isn’t open to search engines. Also, the mods tend to have a very low threshold to shenanigans and ‘starting’.

PM in its various guises has dealt with some extremely serious member issues over the years so, although it’s not something I use or particularly check, I think it earns its own place.

Top Bottom