New Forums Part II

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

@Shaun - https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/cc-politics-sub-forum.227077/
I appreciate that the separate forum may not appeal, that's fair enough, no one is being forced to use it - but I would appreciate it if the disruption of CC stops as there is no reason to spoil CC for others on account of being unhappy at a decision I've made.

I'll shortly post in the site news to explain in more detail the rationale for my decision, and would appreciate any and all feedback to be sent to me directly.

Thanks,
Shaun

I personally feel this is the issue, any attempt at discussion is closed down IMMEDIATELY, any slight transgression is closed down IMMEDIATELY, any mention of over Moderation is closed down IMMEDIATELY or posts DELETED.

I'm sure it's a 1st world comparison but it's like the forum has been taken over by a communist regime. I don't have an issue with your decision, but the @Mods appear to have gone into a overdrive frenzy.

Shaun

Founder
I'm happy to receive feedback if people want to send it, but it doesn't help if members use other people's threads to try and make a point about being unhappy with the change. If you want to tell me what you think, send me a PM or use the site contact form.

For the time being I don't want a return to the previous political debate sub-forum we had because the cost of managing it was too high.

With a break and some time to reflect and look at other options I may reintroduce the discussion of news and current affairs, but I'd ask anyone who isn't happy to not spoil CC for other members in the meantime.

Thanks,
Shaun

U

User482

Status updates that sound like posters are under threat of political imprisonment.
Threads about cycling with constant sarcastic digs about a change, not related to cycling.
That spoils it a bit.
I suspect we're descending towards yet another thread lock, but for the record:

Prior to July 2007, this forum consisted of three people and a tumbleweed. The influx from Bikeradar/ C+ was a marriage of convenience or a happy accident, depending on your point of view, but the point is that a community arrived, wholesale, with certain needs and expectations. The recent change has taken away the fundamental reason why a community existed here in the first place, so you can't then reasonably expect people to passively accept it.

This forum lives and dies by its content. As Mr Paul says, it has been turned into something we can get in many other places.

Shaun

Founder
[QUOTE 5052192, member: 45"]It's the unsavoury element that needed to be dealt with, that's all. Pandering to the shouty prejudiced posters for fear of whatever they might accuse you of has led to this problem, not the allowing of discussion of subjects that we all manage to talk about at home, at work, at the gym, in the pub....[/QUOTE]
Reports and accusations came in from all sides, each with similar disapproval of the others and their opinions, and to such a degree it overtook the running of CC and caused many relations to sour. It was not healthy for the membership, moderators, or me.

I realise it takes something away from CC for some members and am not averse to looking at other options at some point in the future, but for the time being we have a great cycling forum and community that is here for everyone who wants to use it.

All I'd ask is that people who are unhappy with my decision don't spoil CC for others because of it.

Thanks,
Shaun

U

User32269

I suspect we're descending towards yet another thread lock, but for the record:

Prior to July 2007, this forum consisted of three people and a tumbleweed. The influx from Bikeradar/ C+ was a marriage of convenience or a happy accident, depending on your point of view, but the point is that a community arrived, wholesale, with certain needs and expectations. The recent change has taken away the fundamental reason why a community existed here in the first place, so you can't then reasonably expect people to passively accept it.

This forum lives and dies by its content. As Mr Paul says, it has been turned into something we can get in many other places.
Once registered on politics (or other new sections) it is a button press away from entering that forum. The same as going into it when it was listed here. Is that difficult?

U

User32269

It isn't at all the same as here. Have you actually looked at it?
That's due to people not registering surely? Instead, posting on cycling about not being able to post politics!
Can you not see the point I'm making?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom