New from Sussex !!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Southdowner

Hi everyone....brand new (about five minutes ago...!) to this.

Long time sports fan, having played football / cricket all my life as well as general cycling here and there...

I live just under the South Downs and have, over the past few years re-discovered my love of cycling - I absolutely love my road bike...have done a number of reasonable day trips from here -
Portsmouth to the West and Rye to the East , but recently did a three day trip (staying in B and B's) to North Devon,,,,240 miles, which was totally exhilarating but totally
knackering......I had pains in places in my legs that I didn't know existed.... I think I probably over extended myself (i'm 52 years old..) and I must admit I got a lift back...

Anyway, a couple of days later and all was ok again...and raring to go again...!!!

I bought my bike a few years ago...a Lemond for about 600 hundred quid...but would love to upgrade but haven't got a clue about technicalities....does anyone have any ideas about where to start??

Southdowner

I live just under the South Downs

Excellent, we have a troglodyte in our midst!

Hi there and welcome.

Whereabouts under the Downs? (I cannot be too far away).

Edit: sp.

I bought my bike a few years ago...a Lemond for about 600 hundred quid...but would love to upgrade but haven't got a clue about technicalities....does anyone have any ideas about where to start??

Being fairly new myself, have not yet mastered multiple replies to one post, apoologies.

No doubt someone more proficient than I will be along soon to give upgrade advice. Any ideas what you'd like to upgrade? Wheels? Chainset? etc.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Brighton welcomes another Martlet!

With the hike in component prices in the last year, your Lemond would probably cost £800 to replace so if you mean upgtrading by getting a new bike, you're probably looking to spend £1250 - £1500 to notice a difference. You could get a carbon or lighter alloy for that. Boardman Comp maybe.

Otherwise, as Shadow says, you could up the spec on the Lemond - wheels probably making the biggest difference

OP
OP
S

Southdowner

Hi All

Thanks for replies and welcome notes...

I probably misled you in the term 'upgrade' as I really would like a brand new bike, and understand that financially I would have to dish out over 1000 quid to notice a difference....
so I am actively looking!

Thanks

SD

chewy

Hi and welcome. Ah a man with a thousand pounds and bikes on the mind!
Where in north devon did you stay?

Top Bottom