new game on my commute

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ranger

but it is probably very naughty.

On my way home there is a long section of bus/cycle/taxi lane, which gets used a lot by the people in cars who are obviously too important to sit in the queue of traffic on the main carrigeway. So I cycle in the middle of it and if a vehicle comes down, turn round check it isn't a bus or taxi and the slow down until we are moving slower than the traffic in the main carrigeway.:biggrin:

Keeps me amused anyway

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
like it :biggrin:

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
The thing to do then is to catch their eye and wave in a sort of 'go-on-shoo-out-of-my-way' type way to get the point across that they should be in the lane of cars.... and (if) they do move across you can then blaze away laughing.

Maz

Guru
hehe @ Ranger. Deffo ride in primary there - p off any miscreant drivers, that would.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
LOL! I tend to ride in primary in the bus lanes on my commute anyway, because there usually isn't enough room for a bus or cab to pass me safely. The most I've done so far to unauthorised users if the bus lane is in operation is point up at the sign, more to help the driver realise he/she is risking a fine.

User said:
I have a new game on my commute as well. There is now a mandatory cycle lane under Admiralty Arch, but you can guarantee that it will be full of black cabs.

I now play 'fold in their side mirror' as I go past. If they complain, I point out they were in a cycle lane so tough shoot.

It does help that I'm built like a brick outhouse... :biggrin:

Good!! Scooters and cars totally ignoring the solid white line is really starting to pee me off. I'll remember that one

domtyler

Über Member
joebe said:
Good!! Scooters and cars totally ignoring the solid white line is really starting to pee me off. I'll remember that one

Might want to check out the driver first! ;)

Tynan

Veteran
touching cars risks starting a row

but I hold rock solid primary in bus lanes, moving over for cabs and buses

and the odd bike, there seems to be quite a few speedy bikes on my route, roadies with tights and cleats and the lot, quite a shock after anointing myself king of my route

mind you, I must get points for the worse bike, buckled back brake with brake unhooked, shagged bearings on front wheel with thumping brake from a nasty dent, plus bulging pannier

honest

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Ranger said:
but it is probably very naughty.

On my way home there is a long section of bus/cycle/taxi lane, which gets used a lot by the people in cars who are obviously too important to sit in the queue of traffic on the main carrigeway. So I cycle in the middle of it and if a vehicle comes down, turn round check it isn't a bus or taxi and the slow down until we are moving slower than the traffic in the main carrigeway.:wacko:

Keeps me amused anyway

LOL}:?:

Top Bottom