1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new game on my commute

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by Ranger, 23 Jan 2008.

1. Ranger

Ranger New Member

but it is probably very naughty.

On my way home there is a long section of bus/cycle/taxi lane, which gets used a lot by the people in cars who are obviously too important to sit in the queue of traffic on the main carrigeway. So I cycle in the middle of it and if a vehicle comes down, turn round check it isn't a bus or taxi and the slow down until we are moving slower than the traffic in the main carrigeway.:biggrin:

Keeps me amused anyway

2. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

like it :biggrin:

3. Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke Jaffa Cake monster

The thing to do then is to catch their eye and wave in a sort of 'go-on-shoo-out-of-my-way' type way to get the point across that they should be in the lane of cars.... and (if) they do move across you can then blaze away laughing.

4. Regulator

Regulator Egregious Professor of Cruel and Unusual Geography

I have a new game on my commute as well. There is now a mandatory cycle lane under Admiralty Arch, but you can guarantee that it will be full of black cabs.

I now play 'fold in their side mirror' as I go past. If they complain, I point out they were in a cycle lane so tough shoot.

It does help that I'm built like a brick outhouse... :biggrin:

5. Maz

Maz Guru

hehe @ Ranger. Deffo ride in primary there - p off any miscreant drivers, that would.

6. BentMikey

BentMikey Rider of Seolferwulf

LOL! I tend to ride in primary in the bus lanes on my commute anyway, because there usually isn't enough room for a bus or cab to pass me safely. The most I've done so far to unauthorised users if the bus lane is in operation is point up at the sign, more to help the driver realise he/she is risking a fine.

7. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Like it - I hope you gently fold the mirrors in - incredibly frustraiting but not doing any damage...

8. Good!! Scooters and cars totally ignoring the solid white line is really starting to pee me off. I'll remember that one

9. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

my only concern with doing that is that some other poor cyclist will get left hooked because the driver doesn't bother to put the mirror back.

10. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Might want to check out the driver first! ;)

11. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

touching cars risks starting a row

but I hold rock solid primary in bus lanes, moving over for cabs and buses

and the odd bike, there seems to be quite a few speedy bikes on my route, roadies with tights and cleats and the lot, quite a shock after anointing myself king of my route

mind you, I must get points for the worse bike, buckled back brake with brake unhooked, shagged bearings on front wheel with thumping brake from a nasty dent, plus bulging pannier

honest

12. HJ

HJ Cycling in Scotland

LOL}:?: