New helmet for road use.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Just looked and evans are doing prevail's for £99..

maroon

Über Member
Yes you could be right after I looked again.. £160 is more than I wanted to pay..
Cheers
If you try Google then the shopping tab it brings up dealers selling last year or older models of the prevail, dependent on size you can find one from £60.00.
Good luck

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Just a quick update..

Went down to a couple of bike shops with mixed results..

Prevail was very good but lack of comfort pads or comfort pads not big enough has put me off, plus over here they wanted €235 which is rather stupid.. but a nice helmet.
I tried several others on but none I really liked except the Savant, that was the best I tried on but will have to look at getting extra padding if poss.
They had the Propero 11 but not in my size so cant tell really on that one, and I didn't see any S3's. None had any Kask's its seem they dont do them over here?
I might go and have another look today if work allows..

maroon

Über Member
Thanks please keep updating this forum, I got my catlike whisper today the helmet is great, try to get a look at one if you get the chance.

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Update..

Bell Gage was very good as was the Mavic Syncro.. tried on the Propero 11 as well but need another look to see if you can improve the comfort pads, again a very good helmet.
First choice would be the Specialized S Works Evade ... stunning but can't see me spending £160 on a helmet, SHMBO might have a few words in my left ear if I did.. :eek:
Savant was up there but didn't seem the same spec as the others..

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Surprized you haven't mentioned Spiuk - it is a Spanish brand. After trying all the usual brands Spiuk was the one that fitted like a glove (or a hat, in fact :biggrin:)

MikeonaBike

After a crash which split my Bell right through in three places, I bought a Limar 777. It fits well, is very, very light and has a decent bug mesh, as I don't want any more wasps crawling through my hair whilst riding!

Top Bottom