new here advice please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
What about a Scott Sub - 10,20,30 - different prices/specs. The Sub10's very much a light fast commuter, and can be either 700c (road) wheels or 26" MTB versions.

OP
OP
S

sarattie

Thanks for the tips....I think I've decided on this one:
Giant CRS 1.0
spec
FRAME ALUXX aluminium, Fluid Formed
FORK T700 carbon composite, aluminium steerer
SHOCK N/A
HANDLEBAR Aluminium riser
STEM Aluminium ahead
SEAT POST Aluminium
SADDLE GIANT
PEDALS Resin anti slip
SHIFTERS Shimano Deore 27 speed
FRONT MECH Shimano Deore
REAR MECH Shimano LX
BRAKES Shimano Alivio V brake
BRAKE LEVER Tektro
CASSETTE SRAM PG950 12-26
CHAIN Shimano HG73
CRANKS Shimano Deore 26/36/48
BOTTOM BRACKET Shimano Octalink
RIMS Alex G6000
HUBS Shimano Alivio
SPOKES Black stainless steel
TYRES Kenda 700x35mm puncture

Im going to try one out locally and order one online. They cost £499 but ive found them with 30% off online at £349

What do you think??

Mortiroloboy

sarattie said:
luckily i have all the kit. All the gear, no idea. thats me!! lol

I think lighter is my aim... We're heading into london today to have a look around as they sell more hybriddy types there.

Im in reading.

aw cycles Caversham...

RedBike

What do you think??

I think I would prefer the Terrago.
Have your tried changing the tyres to a set of semi-slicks? (If it wasn't for the roots then you could probably go and get full on slicks.) This will make the bike feel much lighter to pedal.

Danny

Legendary Member
Unless you really know what you are doing, I would seriously consider buying from a good local bike store (LBS) like Condor, rather than going for an online bargain.

Your LBS will make sure you get the right size, let you try the bike before you buy, set it up for you, and probably offer free servicing during the first year.

Unless you are absolutely sure about the size you are ordering, buying online could be an expensive mistake, and you could spend more than you "save" trying to sort out all the subsequent problems.

OP
OP
S

sarattie

no I would defiantely try it before I buy online. THey stock them locally but for a much higher price.

I thought the CRS would be a million times lighter than the terrago? It weighs a ton, even with semis on its a drag (esp with the crappy rubbing discs that no one can fix!)

AW cycles..... I once heard some one say they would rather give up cycling altogether than buy a bike from there! They are ok for "trying" out, but not buying. They are nearly as bad as berkshire cycles!

hmmmm Ill see what they have in to try out. Im sure I can drag someone out with me to make sure Im not being fobbed off like last time....

Top Bottom