New Hew

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

just jim

newhew1.jpg

newhew2.jpg

Cats dig it.

Nice bike

Madcyclist

Very nice indeed Tim, please let us know how you get on with it.

I'm considering either a Galaxy, Hewitt or Koga Miyata World Traveller for a 6 month Sth Asia tour.

wafflycat

Hewitts are lovely bikes. Cute cat too.

OP
OP
just jim

just jim

But come on..seriously..is it seriously spacered up to the max, or is it spacered to an aesthetically tolerable level, like I think it is. In any case there's something slightly less agricultural looking about it, shirley?

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
This is a landmark post.
Anybody recall all those Thorn/Spacer posts... of course you don't get that with a Hewitts etc. Well here you go, if you buil;d bikes that really can be fitted well to a large number of body-shapes then a low head-tube and many spacers are required. Thing with both Hewitts and Thorn is that they both make bikes designed to fit people really well that are going to spend a lot of hours in the saddle.

Don't worry just jim, it's a fine machine, I'd like one myself. Thorns are great too. I hope this ends the great spacer debate!

OP
OP
just jim

just jim

Thanks FF, and for the record I'd like to apologise to every Thorn owner out there for any offense taken at any suggestion of inappropriate and/or flagrant use of spacers. I've learned my lesson. I'm sorry.

Top Bottom