New Hew

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
just jim

just jim

I've taped a spacer to each knee John, and I'm shuffling around on them, just for you.

I'm sure it's a lovely bike (and I really do hate to reopen this one but, if only to show it's not just Thorns that get this treatment, I'm going to), but the stem of my ancient Galaxy is much more aesthetically pleasing and can be adjusted to fit a wide range of sizes. What is it with all these spacers on modern bikes?:thumbsup:;)

wafflycat

Why should it bother you quite so much, john28july, that anyone else doesn't like Thorn bikes and rave about them the way you do? Surely what's important is that you like your bikes. It really doesn't matter if anyone esle likes them or not as we are all different and all subjective in our tastes.

Another vote here for quill stems... IMO they can be much more elegant and are also a darn sight easier means to adjust the height of the bars - not a spacer in sight!

S

OP
OP
just jim

just jim

This whole spacer thing has got me thinking, now that I'm the proud owner of a few myself.

OP
OP
just jim

just jim

I've come to the conclusion that we must all try to live as one, harmoniously. It's not about the bike after all. it's about what's inside. Heck, throw a few more spacers on just for luck. I love them. I love everything!

simon_adams_uk said:
Proof that you really can't have enough spacers...
Is that 14 I can count?!

Nothing against Thorns (I may even succumb and buy one with a Rohloff) but this one in particular really does look like a dog's dinner!

S

This particular steed is For Sale with an uncut steerer so that a purchaser can set up the bars.
Its pretty obvoius really.
John.

wafflycat

john28july said:
I agree with your comment. I do like my Thorn bikes. I do not care if you or others do not. What bothers me is the slavering that goes on amongst a small group that live to scorn. It seems to me that one small person took a dislike to Thorn and a group of nobodies joined in. I am you might like to know, not alone. There are loads of Thorn bikes. Mercians in passing are OK as are well need I go on? I do not slag off others bikes so why should I take scorn from others who have absolutely no knowledge of me or Thorn bikes other than heresay on these groups.
John.

Well, I did try... :wacko:

OP
OP
just jim

just jim

John - it would make a change if you contributed elsewhere on CC (apart from the classifieds; nice packtowel btw) and not switch on the Thornovision as soon as you get here.

Head directly to P+L for those of suitably higher calibre.

Top Bottom