New Light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RedBike

My Niteflux Photon Max light packed up the other week. I sent the light back for a repair/replace but ended up getting a refund because the particular model I have is no longer available.

I now have £150 / £200 ready to spend on a light. Whats out there?

The light will be used off-road. Anything not able to produce over 500 lumens need not apply. - I like to be able to see where i'm going.

I will be switching the light between 3 bikes and it needs to be removed every day when I get to work so nothing that takes me a year to mount.

I have a long commute. It's at least 12 miles each way but I often take a few detors down country lanes to avoid the busy roads making it 20/30miles each way on mostly unlit lanes. The light must be able to last 4/5 hours runtime at a 3w or so / 250lumens.

Finally, I want to do a few unsupport tours. I would like the light to be able last a week riding 2/4 hours a night, so say 20hours run time max even if that taking loads of batteries, riding with it just on flashing, maybe even using a dynamo?

Would two lighting systems work?
One dyanamo for the long run times on the road, and a bright torch for off-road?

Any ideas?

OT I had all 4 lights on my bike a few days back :rofl: the harr was so thick, I could've done with something that bright. I didn't think I'd need them again for several months.

OP
OP
RedBike

RedBike

I've never heard of a fog being called a harr before.
4 lights, blimey. Trying to keep on top of charging / replacing the batteries in all those would drive me nuts.

I leave a set of Knog lights on the bike during summer. They're not brilliant. (In fact they're pretty naff) but they're better than nothing. I tend to use them on days when it's raining heavily etc / at dusk.

Top Bottom