New M5 owner with a question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well, slightly misleading post title as I've got about a thousand but I'll try and limit myself so I don't irritate the hell out of those reading! I've just become the proud owner of an M5 'bent and I'm both excited an apprehensive as it's my first 'bent :smile:
It was advertised as an M-Racer and came with carbon forks, and in the back of my tiny brain when I looked at it in both photos and in the metal/plastic I did wonder at the clearance between the fitted 26" front wheel and the forks. Having looked again at photos on the M5 webpage of M-Racers it's apparent this is fitted with forks which will take a 700c wheel unlike those in said pics which (obviously to be now) aren't.
My question is, what is the difference between the High Racer and the M Racer, frame geometry wise? are angles of components different or do they use the same frame and just change the forks?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I thought this was going to be about a sporty BMW, good job it was about a ' bent otherwise you'd have been run out of town :smile:.

119588311.jpg

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
The high racer is designed for twin 700C but some do fit a 26" front wheel for better forward visibility with no adverse handling characteristics. Or of course you can go twin 26" if you are vertically challenged.

My question is, what is the difference between the High Racer and the M Racer, frame geometry wise? are angles of components different or do they use the same frame and just change the forks?

Your M5 was built from a frameset kit not a complete ex works machine .
In these cases the handling and steering geometry can differ from the original designers brief .
As a novice …..you will not have a clue …...if the design is odd or you as a rider is at odds ???
All very confusing ………….and can often lead to circuits and bumps until you gain your wings :cycle::cycle:
A few tell tale signs can probably be found around the frame ….hopefully just cosmetic rather than structural
But do look close particular at the Carbon bits
Finally weigh it and compare with your upwrong ......….then you have a benchmark …………...
if it happens to weigh the same ….you can reasonably expect a 4% aero gain with added comfort for free
Once you have settled in after a few miles
Hope that helps and do enjoy the ride :hello:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Defo more fun on the dark side

Top Bottom