New machine, can't wait for Tuesday.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
Oh dear, 'her indoors' ain't overjoyed as I've added another machine to the already cramped garage. At least I can't fall off/get knocked off this one. It's an 'Ice Trice Sport' and this is my second recumbent/first trike so I'm really looking forward to seeing if I can shave a minute or two off my commute on Tuesday. I've fitted the obligatory hi-viz stickers, lights, new pedals and, as the pannier rack is so heavy duty, I've used my old motorbike seat bag, as I don't want to use panniers and ruin the excellent aerodynamics.

I popped out for a quick ride around the block whilst the Missus was doing me a bacon butty. You've guessed it, I ended up doing around 8 miles, and they were a tad burnt on my return. I don't have a computer on yet, but I did comfortably hit 25 passing the speed sign just down the road which is about the max I can hit on the Strada.

I don't know about the legalities of having my lad on my knee, but it was a hoot down the cycle paths!

S1051418.jpg

S1051458.jpg

S1051426.jpg

Hang on... Her indoors pee'd off with you re the bike AND makes you a bacon sarnie while you test ride it?!
Where do you bag a wife like that!

Re the new steed, looks niiiiice

OP
OP
BlackPanther

BlackPanther

She's not that pee'd off, as I've promised to 'thin out' the collection. The Allez is going on ebay next week.....unless I get an offer on here http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/2010-specialized-alled-16.101446/#post-1836717 and then I'm gonna give the Dawes Tanami the clean of her life and sell her as well.

Mind you, I did go for a blatt on the Allez today, and with all the weight off (rack/panniers/tools etc etc she's a lot lighter than I remember, and it made a nice change to be 'upright' for a change.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Oh, the bike looks great too !

OP
OP
BlackPanther

BlackPanther

Spill the beans - that's a nice lawn, especially this time of year. Secrets ?

Scarify in early spring. Use a good root based fertilizer after the risk of frost has passed (it helps that I get mine for free) and make sure you mow it at least once a week when it's growing (every 5 days is even better) to prevent weeds taking control. Try and mow when it's dry and never take more than a third off. I've never had to 'weed' my lawn, but next door only does hers if when it's really long, lops 2 inches off, and then wonders why her lawn is yellow and full of weeds.

I also make my own fertilizer 'tea' from nettles and rabbit droppings (put in an old pillow case and hang inside a water butt) which is great for lawns or any plants. Does anyone want to talk potatoes or tomatoes?:stop:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The fertilizer is the thing. I mow regular and use weed and feed about twice a year then lawn after cut feed. But the neighbour's lawns (if you call them that) are weed infested, so it's a battle.... let go, they infest... argh. Alien invasion.....

So what's the recommended root feeder !!!!!! PLEASE !!!

OP
OP
BlackPanther

BlackPanther

I use the same that we use to grow the turf, K-Bone organic fertilizer. Mind you, I used to just use Miracle grow dilute granules before I started my current job and my lawn looked just as good.....but I had to pay for it.

Did I mention I've got a new trike?

Reactions: Maz

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Show me the secret of how you managed to get another bike past the wife , mine would divorce me if i got another !

Very nice looking bike , if i had the cash and i could get it up the route i use then i would really like one.

Top Bottom