new manchester circuit race series

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by alecstilleyedye, 12 Apr 2010.

1. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Moderator

2. dan_bo

dan_bo How much does it cost to Oldham?

wicked!

3. trio25

trio25 Über Member

Looks interesting. Although I know nothing about racing I might be tempted to go and watch!

4. PaulB

PaulB Guru

It does indeed sound good. It was good to see you again trio and I apologise for not saying goodbye as I didn't know you were heading off in a different direction from Waddington. I assume you were headed back to home at nearby Bolton (by Bowland!)

It was good to meet you Dan and you were on an impressive steed. It was also quite nice to hear of your team's result at Ewok Park. ;)

5. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Man or Moose!

Looks good, being a newby excuse the silly question but, is this going to be what is known as a criterium?

I am assuming its not going to be one lap? Hmm, maybe ill give it a go sometime when im more in race shape, and have had some practice riding in groups.

6. moolarb

moolarb Active Member

only 1.2km, crikey that will be fast and furious

7. iLB

iLB Hello there

^^^ more than one lap of course!!

i might give some of these a go, cycle over the snake to manchester in the afternoon as a warm up, do the race and then train back to sheffield or back over the snake if i fancy it.

8. moolarb

moolarb Active Member

how many laps? maybe I missed that bit...

9. monnet

monnet Über Member

I'd imagine it'll be a fixed time (probably an hour or 45minutes) plus 3 or 5 laps

10. Crimmey

Crimmey Well-Known Member

Always wanted to do a bit of racing but hate travelling, something down the road like this is perfect for me. Nice one, you've just made my day.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice