New Medical Evidence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slowgrind

What's that then???

oliglynn

Über Member
Swine Flu can be treated with the appropriate "oink"ment....

article-1175510-04C10D79000005DC-540_468x544.jpg

U

User169

Where's my post gone?

Apparently, the best way to deal with Alzheimer's is to just forget about it.

Dementia is horrible. When relatives speak of what it's like, they say it's like mourning the loss of your mum, father, grandfather etc, then going back home and having a cup of tea with someone looking like then and putting them to bed. Repeated on a daily basis.

U

User169

I removed it.

Yet the OP stays. Sweet. I'll have a good old laugh about the gag when I next meet my father, except that I won't since he doesn't have the foggiest who I am.

PBancroft

Are people intentionally pushing boundaries lately? First Blazed's charming post on asbestos, and now this.

I've been lucky enough so far to have avoided any major family connection to either affliction, but my Gran certainly lost the ability to recognise people in her later days. I remember a woman I used to work with whose Nan suffered Alzheimer's. She kept looking at her hands. 'These aren't a young person's hands!' she used to cry, as if she just couldn't understand what had happened to her and why she was so old suddenly. It's a terrible thing to happen.

Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?

OP
OP
Hilldodger

Hilldodger

Guru
It was a joke I heard on Mock the Week.

I have lost a close reletaive to the illness so know all to well the affect it has.

After all is said and done, it's a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom