New member.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrs M

Guru
Aw, wee cutie :wub:

Petplan. No argument with paying out and the vets normally have the forms in the surgery, so there's no paying up front and claiming back. It does creep up every year, my 10 year old hound costs 46 a month to cover. He would have been about 20 a month when he was young. Comes in two flavours like any dog insurance. Life or limited. The former is the best because it covers long term conditions, the latter will only payout for a year or a single incident.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Thank you all for your replies. She is going back to the vet for her second injection in a couple of weeks. We will have a word with him then and probably start up the policy. At the moment, I am more concerned about the sodding seagulls having a go at her when we let her out in the garden because she is still small. We always go in the garden with her to make sure she is safe.

Salar

A fish out of water
Petplan here too, we've used it and all went well.

Check if the vets do a monthly payment scheme for injections, tablets and run of the mill appointments. We pay a few £'s per month which covers us for all our visits and annual medication.
Paying the vet over the counter per visit can be pricey with a quick consultation fee being at least £25 plus the cost of tablets or injections.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Petplan here too, we've used it and all went well.

Check if the vets do a monthly payment scheme for injections, tablets and run of the mill appointments. We pay a few £'s per month which covers us for all our visits and annual medication.
Paying the vet over the counter per visit can be pricey with a quick consultation fee being at least £25 plus the cost of tablets or injections.
Thanks for that. I certainly will.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
My #2 daughter has a very young (9 months or something) cocker. Cute but a huge handful. Not easy to train apparently. Good luck

Top Bottom