new mtb?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

danrow

Hi all, first time posting here

Been riding a decent mtb hardtail for the last year I believe (ask if interested in specific model) and was wondering, since it is xmas, whether its a good idea to get a new bike.

Really not too fussed for suggestions, just that I'm fairly budget friendly and not keen on spending ridiculous amounts of money on a bike.

So leave any suggestions down below and i'll see if theres any I like and start saving up for one to have soon or in the future.

Thanks for reading, have a nice day

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Full suspension or hardtail?
Aluminium, Carbon, Steel or Titanium?
An idea of budget would be good, you could be looking at bikes under £1000 or bikes in excess of £4000?

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
It's always a good time to get a new bike. :okay:

Boardman MTBs get consistently good reviews, particularly around how much you get for your money and how they ride.

Available at Halfords and Cycle Republic, they've got something for most budgets.

D

Deleted member 23692

What's wrong with the current hardtail?

Saying what you've got, what your riding style is and why you think it's not doing what you want it to would get a more informed response :smile:

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
What's wrong with the current hardtail?

That's exactly what I was thinking. At one year old the thing is hardly run in yet! Sounds like the OP knows they don't actually need a new bike, knows buying a new one really isn't a rational decision, so are hoping that some Forum members with equally irrational purchasing urges will agree with them in order to justify it in their own mind! The only time I replace things is either when they completely wear out or I find that they are not ideally suited to what I got them for. Mind you I've never bought an MTB new, and I've never paid more than £20 for a secondhand one, so I may not be a typical bike purchaser.

D

Deleted member 23692

That's exactly what I was thinking. At one year old the thing is hardly run in yet! Sounds like the OP knows they don't actually need a new bike, knows buying a new one really isn't a rational decision, so are hoping that some Forum members with equally irrational purchasing urges will agree with them in order to justify it in their own mind!
... Defo. Also when folk ask for advice you can guarantee that certain got-to brands will get a recommendation without understanding the requirements of the OP.

Of those mentions so far...

Decathlon's HT range looks to be canal path to XC orientated
Cube HT's are predominantly XC.
Bored-man's current range of are slightly longer and slacker and are XC/trail orientated

What if the OP is looking to do more street or dirt jump riding? At the other end of the scale are hardcore hardtails with 160mm+ ish of travel...and then there is the question of wheel size..... 29, 27.5, 26, or 24 :smile:

If there bike is actually 'decent', then maybe some choice upgrades might be more suitable and bring it up to date/usefulness - Better/longer forks? Slacker headset? 1x Conversion? Dropper post? Bar/stem change? or even something as simple as tyres

Jody

Stubborn git
That's exactly what I was thinking. At one year old the thing is hardly run in yet!

He's been riding it for one year. There is nothing that says the bike was new one year ago.

Top Bottom