New NACA Log in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Not the new site. I only went on that today.

Unless I have an imposter. :eek:

Der der Der....

Ok okay, I'm going ..

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Well yes I've had a few people be fairly rude to me in café already..

But you know, mustn't be all snowflakey right ??

:okay:
well thats the issue, some one gets abused, takes umbridge to being abused and then gets abused again by being called a snow flake.

i replied to a thread the other day, with a simple question, the reply was to abuse me by commenting that i owned an ebike...then they reported me for taking the thread off topic when i replied to said abuse, my comments were moderated, the reporters comments were left.......so a double whammy, you just cant win

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
well thats the issue, some one gets abused, takes umbridge to being abused and then gets abused again by being called a snow flake.

i replied to a thread the other day, with a simple question, the reply was to abuse me by commenting that i owned an ebike...then they reported me for taking the thread off topic when i replied to said abuse, my comments were moderated, the reporters comments were left.......so a double whammy, you just cant win

Sounds like ebikes, are becoming the new 'helmets' in terms of source of controversy.

I don't mind a good back n forth myself, but I wouldn't dare tread into either of those areas.

jowwy

Sounds like ebikes, are becoming the new 'helmets' in terms of source of controversy.

I don't mind a good back n forth myself, but I wouldn't dare tread into either of those areas.
i dont mind ebike threads......but when some says in the first line " im not against ebikes, BUT"

then it gets my back up, cause they quite literally are against ebikes, but hey thats another thread.....the serial reporter is the issue and what i like to call the stealth poster...

the stealth poster, is someone who likes the abusive post of another person and then colludes with that person over many a post and then comes over all innocent when the shoot hits the fan.......

i dont mind ebike threads......but when some says in the first line " im not against ebikes, BUT"

then it gets my back up, cause they quite literally are against ebikes, but hey thats another thread....
They seemed to recognise this problem over on mumsnet, by creating a special forum for that sort of thing. (I quite like people being honest upfront about a prejudice, rather than the sneaky passive-aggresive rhetorical question).

I only became aware of it via this thread:
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/aibu-to-direct-your-attention-to….259521/

jowwy

classic33

Leg End Member
Not the new site. I only went on that today.

Unless I have an imposter. :eek:
cookiemonster
Joined Yesterday at 12:26

You may have!

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I will make assumptions here, as you have done.
Assumption 1.. That you are referring to my reporting of a post in the Emma Raducanu thread.
Assumption 2... The fuzzy turnip person is male.
Assumption 3 ... You didn't see the posts pre modding, as you clearly don't know the content!

I reported a post by the FT person... for voicing his anti royalist political nonsense on said thread. I think that is quite reasonable, given that there is a whole new site available for that, the purpose of which is to avoid the bilge being spouted on CC..

I was referring to your 'don't make me report you' post to Mudsticks, actually, but who cares? I'm used to the fact that you don't see your own politics, or that of those who validate it, as politics at all. Stands to reason, innit. Common sense and all that, gawd bless Her Maj. I can see it, though, as can others.

It's Fozy, not Fuzzy. I did see his post, and thought it was funny, but one should never underestimate the fragility of reactionary old men. Anyway I'm sure you'll carry on with your mission to police the conversation and Drain Joy from the Internet, with or without my approval.

classic33

Leg End Member
Yeah, it's not really because we made reports, even if the 15 reports a day was given as being too much workload for the moderators which was given as a reason for the shutdown.

It's really because there was that much shoot being posted that broke the published rules.

Personal attacks were by far the most of what I reported, but derailing and off-topicking were pretty rampant too, more than spam. Then there were quite a few people posting new threads with IMO-flamebait on stuff that already had open threads (so reported as a duplicate thread) or discussing moderation (including the old favourite "I just reported you :P" type stuff).

As for the other part of @jowwy's accusation, about people admitting bad behaviour, I plead not guilty by merit of only very rarely recently getting the "your post has been moderated" alerts, but I suspect probably means that either the rules weren't quite right or a lot of stuff didn't get reported!

Why's the new site not been announced in Site News? I know it will come as a shock to some, but I'm not actually subscribed to NACA (generally finding it by Recent Posts or New Threads) so this thread was the first I knew about it.
Assuming you mean News and Current Affairs on here, you have never had to subscribe to.

The Politics and Current Affairs forum, now gone, did. You had to opt in to see that forum and any threads in it never appeared in Recent/New or Trending.
The opt in for this should still be visible on your account, but you can't change the status of it.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
It's already clear some are confused, or ignoring the forum guidelines.

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/please-read-before-posting.143563/

12 Nov 2013
The support forum is for technical assistance with using the site and for reporting bugs or problems.:thumbsup:

Feedback, suggestions and questions about the operation of the site are welcome but please use the Contact Us form or send them directly to me via PM - please do not post them here.

Thanks,
Shaun :biggrin:

Cliché, this seems a tad inconsistent with your first post on the thread

It's not really a discussion area, it's just a shouting place for a handful of people to soap box their political agendas as far as I can see.

It's already clear some you are confused, or ignoring the forum guidelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom