New paint jobs.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidphilips

Veteran
Well the bike was £4 but as almost all the components, apart from wheels and stem, are new the total cost is approaching £140.

I've splashed out on a lug lining pen from eBay. I just need something to practice on first before I start on my £4 Carlton and it so happens we're picking up my son's new race bike tomorrow :evil: . It's a bigger version of the one below - what colour should I add? :tongue:

View attachment 443055

White? seems to go well with orange.

Attachments

• Penguins.jpg
    Penguins.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 28

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
White? seems to go well with orange.
I agree...or possibly powder blue or silver. But I'd go with the white I think.

Kempstonian

Just as an aside here, does anybody know what size the bolt holding the light bracket on the forks is? I need to get one.

Kempstonian

5/16 x 26 tpi

https://www.bankruptbikeparts.co.uk...acket-bolt-5-16-british-thread-26t-bbp2210882

Looks expensive for a bolt though, sjs do the bracket and bolt for that price
Thanks for the info. If I can't find one cheaper I'll add it to my next order from Bankruptbikeparts. I need some 700c wheels.

OP
OP
PHL67

PHL67

Veteran
Cheers PHL - I take it you used the microfibre? real leather looks very pricey, or is this a spare no expense bike?
Yes micrifibre. Leather look. Very nice. It was 18.50 per pack with free postage from Jersey. Bike has a Brookssaddle but on the lookout for another in slightly better condition.

Last edited:
Top Bottom