New PB

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mattobrien

Guru
Feeling rather pleased with myself now having achieved a new PB and meeting one of my goals for the year.

I have a 21.5 mile loop which I used for short runs and up to now my previous best ave. speed was 18.5mph.

The weather was too good today to miss the opportunity for a ride and was please that at the end of it I had managed to average 19.2 mph. I am a little out of practice for the inclines, so I think that with a bit more effort I could improve on the vaguely hilly bits (I live in Suffolk, so there aren't any proper hills).

That's it really, just wanted to share as Mrs O has absolutely no interest in my cycling achievements.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
You'll have it at 20mph soon, whereas I'll be going slower due to an ear infection wiping me out all week.

OP
OP
mattobrien

mattobrien

Guru
Funnily enough the next goal is the 20 mph mark. It took about a month to go from sub 18mph to the 19.2mph today. I somehow think it may take a little longer to get to 20 mph, there is little left to upgrade on the bike that I have funds for. Guess it will need to be an upgrade to my fitness...

Top Bottom