New Peugeot purchase no. 2: 1977 Peugeot PR10 - now PMarkey's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I've been meaning to post this up for a while but haven't got round to taking any pictures. Currently it's taking up space in my work's bike cage alongside the Dawes Impact - neither have made it home because there's no space.

Bought via eBayfrom a @mikeymustard suggestion I got round to a proper look at it a few days ago;

From what I can see it's from about 1977 and is a PR10. The serial number is on a separate plate but it all works. Just.

2016-09-23%2008.57.10_zpsk6o9qv8i.jpg

2016-09-23%2008.57.39_zpstuv3rjnx.jpg

2016-09-23%2008.57.24_zpsbji9meza.jpg

2016-09-23%2008.57.18_zps3nhvv586.jpg

What's to do:
  • All parts work but need a proper service
  • The paintwork's not great. No major rust but there's the odd blister and some scraped off the front fork.
  • Wheels need truing and grease but they're basically OK.
  • Some of the parts aren't in any decent condition, particularly the front derailleur and the bracket holding the shifters. Both need replacing.
I'm still not sure whether to keep it or sell at present to be honest.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Tough decision @DCLane when these are nice they ride well

davidphilips

Veteran
unless you are going to use it perhaps advertise it if someone makes you a good offer and you can make some money (for a bike project?) then sell it if you dont get a good offer then keep and spend some time fixing it up a bit then you can re advertise it for an even higher price or just keep either way a great project/bike to have.

PHL67

Veteran
Nice bike.
My Peugeot I have been working on. Just bar tape and brake cables to fit.

Attachments

• IMG_1575.JPG
    IMG_1575.JPG
    235.9 KB · Views: 105
The PR10 never did end up as a trike and has been sat in the corner of the garage looking a bit forlorn so today it's been separated in to it's component parts and work is starting in earnest helped along by spotting these whilst browsing the net .

pr10-2.jpg
pr10 brochure.jpg

Last edited:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
The PR10 never did end up as a trike and has been sat in the corner of the garage looking a bit forlorn so today it's been separated in to it's component parts and work is starting in earnest helped along by spotting these whilst browsing the net .

View attachment 430884 View attachment 430883
52/42 chainrings and a 14-21 five speed block.

That would come as a shock to people who post asking if it is possible to fit a 34t sprocket to their 50/34 eleven speed 7kg bikes so they don't have to walk up hills :smile:

Eeh, them were t'days.

Top Bottom