New Racing/Road Bike, few little problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

aserota said:
Just having a closer look at my bike atm,

the chain is rubbing slightly on the derailler (sp), so will sort that. The clicking sounds like its from the pedals still

checked the cleat bolts yet?
now you really can do that yourself.

OP
OP
A

aserota

Über Member
check them and they are fine.

Just noticed that the bike wond go into 10th gear (smallest sprocket) and the chain is making slight contact with the derailler in low gears.

Am currently reading up and watching lots of how to's to get more info and confidence

col

Legendary Member
aserota said:

Just noticed that the bike wond go into 10th gear (smallest sprocket) and the chain is making slight contact with the derailler in low gears.

Am currently reading up and watching lots of how to's to get more info and confidence

I think all that is needed it a little adjustment on the derailer screw,to allow the chain to go to the little sprocket,just a little mind,you dont want it coming off..:wacko:

bonj2

aserota said:

take it to a bike shop but ask if you can watch them do it.

OP
OP
A

aserota

Über Member
Just back from local bike shop

All is sorted, bar the clicking...

When putting pressure on the pedals when they are horizontal you can hear a click, apparently this means the cracks (iirc) are on their way out.

Can anyone confirm this?

bonj2

yes, actually, now i come to think of it that's what was up with my mate's MTB that prompted him to get his new cranks (which i am envious of) and it solved it. It's the splines that get worn and they're not a perfect interface. Good time to check the bottom bracket aswell, or have the bike shop do it, if you're not relacing the whole caboodle with an integrated unit that is.

Tynan

Veteran
cranks

you don't want cracks

might be lots of thinks, how many miles has the bike done?

OP
OP
A

aserota

Über Member
According to the previous owner (who seems the most honest person ive ever spoken to).

It was raced in the 06 world championship (finished 4th btw) around 400miles. Since then it has covered 50 miles max.

Spoken to previous owner and he was happy to give me a full refund or pay 50& towards new parts (if it needs them). But id love to keep it, so im taking it to onyourbike on tuesday, as they really do know what there doing!

OP
OP
A

aserota

Über Member
Update........

Bike is now sorted and running sweet as a nut!

BB was lose, so they removed chainset, cranks etc. cleaned, greased and put back properly.

I am staggered at how good the bike is! It flys with little effort and is scary to say the least on big hills!

got some pics aswell;
IMG_2922.jpg

IMG_2923.jpg

IMG_2925.jpg

IMG_2924.jpg

IMG_2926.jpg

IMG_2927.jpg

Top Bottom