New regime

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Get well soon, don’t be silly like me and ignore the injury and run through the pain for the sake of the miles. I’ve not been exercising the last week as my timetable has gone to pot and I’ve been on the hunt for a new bike after I sold mine.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Today marks 8 weeks of isolation, running 5 miles a day, no meat, dairy or flour. Eating fresh vegetables and home cooked meals every day. The change has been fantastic! I feel great! Minimal alcohol! A healthy diet, gluten free, caffeine free, sugar free and a 1 hour home workout each day! Lost 10 lbs and gained muscle mass. I’ve even cut my screen time in half and am reading a book a week.

I have no idea whose status this is, but I am really proud of them so I decided to copy and paste it.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Not fully recovered from this pull. I fear I will not return to jogging.
Under pressure to acknowledge that running is not for me.

Even if following a program that is designed to progress your running, you need to listen to your body and not rush things. The body needs rest and recovery to get stronger. You don’t get stronger or fitter during the actual running. That comes when the body comes to repair the damage the running caused and in so doing builds something stronger and more resilient. So perhaps look to build in more rest days and slow the progression to a level your body can manage.

I’m 8 weeks in and lost no weight and gained no weight and had no change to my muscle mass. I’m lighter than Christmas by 7lbs and I’m hoping to keep it that way; I controlled myself at Easter to try and not fluctuate.

stephec

Legendary Member
Bad Day at Black Rock.
7 minutes into my second 8 minute run my left calf went “pop”
Hobbled home for RICE. Not happy 😱
Do you do any stretching and strengthening in between running?

If I don't I usually end up with knee and hip niggles.

stephec

Legendary Member
I do but probably not enough.
That's me, but it always comes back to bite you. 😊

Top Bottom