New Ribble adds drag to make it their fastest yet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Truly hideous bike to my eyes, and lacking any comfort or practicality. Good luck attaching anything to those bars!

Also, I wouldn't want to ride it in the wet with nothing but a painted carbon surface to grip.
There's grip on the bars. It's not just slippy carbon.
Any aero bar is going to be unsuited to attaching things - but who is buying an aero superbike and then attaching stuff and causing drag ?

Johnno260

Veteran
Ribble is so behind with orders and struggling so much with delays and sourcing parts that by the time this bike will be delivered to its customers, it will be dated already.

Many of Ribbles bikes are early 2022 for orders, but I think many major suppliers have the same issue.

I know some of Merida’s new offerings seem to have ok leadtimes, the new Scultura has caught my eye but I really wasn’t considering a CF frame.

dodgy

I've looked at a few Ribble bikes and without customising anything and just going off the shelf/pre configured, delivery date is estimated at April 2022. That seems awfully far out, I can get a car with options on it built in a factory even with the current chip shortages sooner than that. And what if the Ribble is delayed so you might get it 2 or 3 months later!
This must be a PITA for them :wacko:

OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I don't think that would be the actual delivery date @dodgy they are just covering themselves, worst case scenario. Even so most be very difficult for them to make money if they can't diver much.
BTW that car you mentioned you have to tax it, put petrol, insurance on it, plus you can't pedal it ^_^

dodgy

BTW that car you mentioned you have to tax it, put petrol, insurance on it, plus you can't pedal it ^_^

Obviously i wasn't suggesting that a car is better VFM! But it is significantly more complex and they (car manufacturers) are particularly affected by the chip shortage.
I have to take the supplier's best guestimate at lead time and add a pinch of salt. Put it this way, I'm not ordering anything with such a lead time.

Top Bottom