New road bike help needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ubarrow

Regular
Don’t forget that bikes don’t need taxing, insuring and mot’s (yet!)
i.e. unlike cars most of us don’t have “A” bike. You can have several and don’t have to settle for something in between.
Personally, I’d go secondhand, especially if you’re a little unsure as to what you want.

vickster

Legendary Member
Don’t forget that bikes don’t need taxing, insuring and mot’s (yet!)
i.e. unlike cars most of us don’t have “A” bike. You can have several and don’t have to settle for something in between.
Personally, I’d go secondhand, especially if you’re a little unsure as to what you want.
No but having 3rd party indemnity insurance is sensible especially if riding in built up or busy areas :okay:

OP
OP
A

Aines25

Regular
Thank you all for help and advice.

10 days on I ended up sticking with Carrera and getting the virago from Halfords, tried to look at a few of the options mentioned but given the current situation proved difficult with most places closed.

Anyhow, after around 8 days riding I'm happy that the virago is more than capable for what I need, solid bike and thus far no problems bar the odd gear shift but its only minor which will be an easy fix once they're retuned.

Completed a few short rides in the week with London to southend last week and then London to Cambridge and back today (Attached) , solid rides and greatly improved speeds, going to wear down the tyres then look to upgrade.

Thank you all again :okay:

Top Bottom