New Saddle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spizz 23

Hi again, my saddle ( Pro Logic ) that I got free with a subscription to a cycling mag some years ago, but has served me well, is now starting to look a little shabby, I mainly do commuting and the odd long distance leisure ride and am now looking to replace with a new one, there seems to be a vast array to choose from however, I am looking to spend approximately £100 or a little more...any advice would be appreciated

Thanks from Mark

Citius

Try some - we are all different, so advice which recommends a specific saddle will most likely be meaningless to you. If the previous saddle was good, why not just replace like for like? £100 might buy you a lighter saddle, but it won't necessarily buy you a better one.

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
It's very likely that your old saddle has been replaced by something similar. First thing would be to try if new one still works for you. Some LBS let you borrow a saddle for a week or two.
Alternatively, try to test a saddle that looks / feels similar to your old saddle.
Another alternative would be to look for a second hand saddle, like yours, that is in near new condition.... ebay and cycling forums are good places to search.

broady

Veteran
I've tried many saddles (upto £100) and found the charge spoon pretty comfortable in the end.
When I found out it was only £20 I couldn't believe it. Seems to last a fair bit too

jay clock

Massive member
sorry, what was the question?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXHfpCRnkjZnziU80XvQDTYrkjmFZSND1JAvROHBotdQjlaQcZtA.jpg

Drago

Legendary Member
sorry, what was the question?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXHfpCRnkjZnziU80XvQDTYrkjmFZSND1JAvROHBotdQjlaQcZtA.jpg
The Spoon is a rebadged Madison Flux with a 33% price hike for schmucks that like having the word "Charge" on them - charge is exactly what they do to you!

The Flux/Spoon doe not suit my butt at all. I find cheapest Selle Italia saddles (often fitted as OE to Spesh or Giant bikes with their own branding) fit my lardy buttocks nicely.

What suits me or anyone else on here is far from guaranteed to suit you, so recommendations are a bit pointless. Try a few, find one that works well, and stick to it rabidly.

Reactions: gbb

vickster

Legendary Member
You could try something like this, but get your sit bones measured first (if you don't know the width of the existing saddle)

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/specialized-toupe-comp-gel-saddle-143mm.196750/

Unless you want a brooks, I can't see much point in spending that much on a saddle for commuting. You'll just worry about it being nicked

I spent £80 on a saddle because it was the right colour to go with my bike build. Most uncomfortable saddle I've had (despite being the right width). The replacement was under £50

OP
OP
Spizz 23

Spizz 23

Sit Bone measurement ?....all new to me , thanks for all your advice

Mark

jay clock

Massive member
The Spoon is a rebadged Madison Flux with a 33% price hike for schmucks that like having the word "Charge" on them - charge is exactly what they do to you!

The Flux/Spoon doe not suit my butt at all. I find cheapest Selle Italia saddles (often fitted as OE to Spesh or Giant bikes with their own branding) fit my lardy buttocks nicely.

What suits me or anyone else on here is far from guaranteed to suit you, so recommendations are a bit pointless. Try a few, find one that works well, and stick to it rabidly.
At a quick glance The Spoon is £1 more at the cheapest Flux I can find. But useful to know. I certainly do not get excited about having the name Charge on (I have never heard of it other than in relation to the Spoon) - I just rate its comfort, as do many others, but all arses are different

robjh

Legendary Member
Hijacking an old thread, but the title is spot-on.
This is what I bought today, a gumtree special for £40.
20160816_173019.jpg

It is nice and narrow, not much wider than a blunt razor blade, but first indications after riding 30 miles are that it suits my slender little backside handsomely.

e-rider

crappy member
Fizik s
Hijacking an old thread, but the title is spot-on.
This is what I bought today, a gumtree special for £40.
View attachment 139940
It is nice and narrow, not much wider than a blunt razor blade, but first indications after riding 30 miles are that it suits my slender little backside handsomely.
Fizik saddles are great. If this is a mag rails version then not such a bargain at £40 - a good deal if it has Kium rails though

Top Bottom