New saddle

Discussion in 'Components, Accessories and Clothing' started by RyanW, 7 May 2010.

1. RyanW

RyanW The abominable Bikeman

My current saddle gives me terrible arse ache on longer rides. I have a road bike. i know its low, but im looking to spend around £20, can maybe go to abit more.

Any advice, ebay links (if they are aloud) etc.

regards,

Ryan

2. Howard

Howard Senior Member

Charge Spoon?

3. OP
    OP
    RyanW

RyanW The abominable Bikeman

Looks good, says its more a trail saddle rather then road though....

4. manalog

manalog Über Member

5. eldudino

eldudino Bike Fluffer

I've got a Massi Pro Kit Gel. It's really very comfy, a bit heavy but comfy and very well made, no staples underneath, it's all screwed on. Just swapped it for a racier Prologo Nago Pas and I'll be swapping it back as the Nago Pas is torture!

6. Howard

Howard Senior Member

I wouldn't sweat that - I know a couple of folks who have fitted them to their road bikes and swear by them. One is going to get attached to my caad9 today. I ride one on my Charge street bike and it's comfy.

You could always try the knife - it's a road specific version, same shape, less mass.. but it's twice the price.

7. adscrim

adscrim Veteran

I've got a charge spoon on one of my road bikes and it's excellent.

8. John the Monkey

John the Monkey Frivolous Cyclist

the Nago PAS treads a *very* fine line between "firm" and "OH MY CHRIST THIS IS UTTER BLOODY AGONY".

I get on with mine, but didn't when I commuted on it with a rucksack (guessing the extra weight was enough to tip the balance).

9. cyberknight

cyberknight As long as I breathe, I attack.

I have just bought a spoon and mates at work rave about them.

I think i need to just toughen my ass up as every saddle i try is hard compared to the "comfort" saddle i have on the hybrid...

http://washford.scene7.com/is-viewers/flash/genericzoom.swf?serverUrl=/is/imageℑ=Washford/00006498&viewSize=450,507

The LBS do not do a test saddle unfortunately so its a case of buy before you try ;)
    [​IMG]

10. gouldina

gouldina New Member

I've just bought a spoon too for my cyclocross bike. I'm liking it so far but haven't done any sustained miles on it yet so I'll hold back on a full endorsement yet.

11. Noodley

Noodley Guest

My arse deserves more than 20 quid spent on a saddle! ;)

12. youngoldbloke

youngoldbloke The older I get, the faster I used to be ...

13. MancRider78

MancRider78 Active Member

Just to highjack, What is a good cheap saddle for a 8m commute that won't hurt the old base of spine??

14. youngoldbloke

youngoldbloke The older I get, the faster I used to be ...

Charge Spoon

15. eldudino

eldudino Bike Fluffer

My arse just won't get on with it... the Massi's going back on, I'll sacrifice the extra 150g!

Anyone want to buy a Prologo Nago Pas?! Ti Rails, 190g?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice