New saddle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RyanW

The abominable Bikeman
My current saddle gives me terrible arse ache on longer rides. I have a road bike. i know its low, but im looking to spend around £20, can maybe go to abit more.

Any advice, ebay links (if they are aloud) etc.

regards,

Ryan

Howard

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
I've got a Massi Pro Kit Gel. It's really very comfy, a bit heavy but comfy and very well made, no staples underneath, it's all screwed on. Just swapped it for a racier Prologo Nago Pas and I'll be swapping it back as the Nago Pas is torture!

Howard

RyanW said:
Looks good, says its more a trail saddle rather then road though....

I wouldn't sweat that - I know a couple of folks who have fitted them to their road bikes and swear by them. One is going to get attached to my caad9 today. I ride one on my Charge street bike and it's comfy.

You could always try the knife - it's a road specific version, same shape, less mass.. but it's twice the price.

adscrim

Veteran
Howard said:
I wouldn't sweat that - I know a couple of folks who have fitted them to their road bikes and swear by them. One is going to get attached to my caad9 today. I ride one on my Charge street bike and it's comfy.

You could always try the knife - it's a road specific version, same shape, less mass.. but it's twice the price.

I've got a charge spoon on one of my road bikes and it's excellent.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
eldudino said:
Just swapped it for a racier Prologo Nago Pas and I'll be swapping it back as the Nago Pas is torture!
the Nago PAS treads a *very* fine line between "firm" and "OH MY CHRIST THIS IS UTTER BLOODY AGONY".

I get on with mine, but didn't when I commuted on it with a rucksack (guessing the extra weight was enough to tip the balance).

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I have just bought a spoon and mates at work rave about them.

I think i need to just toughen my ass up as every saddle i try is hard compared to the "comfort" saddle i have on the hybrid...

http://washford.scene7.com/is-viewers/flash/genericzoom.swf?serverUrl=/is/imageℑ=Washford/00006498&viewSize=450,507

The LBS do not do a test saddle unfortunately so its a case of buy before you try ;)
genericzoom.swf

gouldina

I've just bought a spoon too for my cyclocross bike. I'm liking it so far but haven't done any sustained miles on it yet so I'll hold back on a full endorsement yet.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
John the Monkey said:
the Nago PAS treads a *very* fine line between "firm" and "OH MY CHRIST THIS IS UTTER BLOODY AGONY".

I get on with mine, but didn't when I commuted on it with a rucksack (guessing the extra weight was enough to tip the balance).

My arse just won't get on with it... the Massi's going back on, I'll sacrifice the extra 150g!

Anyone want to buy a Prologo Nago Pas?! Ti Rails, 190g?

Top Bottom