New Scam doing rounds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Like this:

Your parcel number 3023717957
We tried to deliver your parcel today but you weren't in or there was no safe place to leave it.
Your action is required. If this item is unclaimed by the return date, then it will be returned to sender.
The first and second delivery attempt was free of charge
To schedule a new delivery, a shipping fee must be paid.

pawl

Legendary Member
Like this:

Your parcel number 3023717957
We tried to deliver your parcel today but you weren't in or there was no safe place to leave it.
Your action is required. If this item is unclaimed by the return date, then it will be returned to sender.
The first and second delivery attempt was free of charge
To schedule a new delivery, a shipping fee must be paid.

Was this from DPD.I had one yesterday Word for word the same.Except it had a delivery time 5 PM Had been at home all day The only thing I have on order is due for delivery by Royal Mail Just spoken with step daughter she had exactly the same.

pawl

Legendary Member
There are lots of scams at the moment. There's one that is allegedly from Amazon saying that your prime membership is due for renewal but your payment card is going to expire before that so press 1 to update your details. Odd when my card isn't due to expire until 2025.

There is another one allegedly from HMRC telling you that you owe taxes and if you don't pay now, you will be taken to court.

Had that one as well.Plus phone call allegedly from Amazon stating some one was attempting to use are account

Sharky

Guru
Lucky day - due for a tax refund email received ....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Support from HMRC
Dear Applicant,
The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and as applicable, copyright in these is reserved to HMRC.
Unless expressly authorised by us, any further dissemination or distribution of this email or its attachments is prohibited.
Our last attempt to deposit your tax refund.
Remember: We tried to send it to you automatically to your bank account but we are unable to do so as we need your details on file.
Complete the form by click the button below:

For security reasons, we have not included personal details with this email.
Why you got this email
You chose to get email notifications about your Council Tax.
This means we send you an email when your status changes.
From HMRC Check your Council Tax.

If you’re unsure an email is from HMRC:
• This email is confidential, so if you have received it by mistake, or it isn't addressed to you, please delete it. It may also be privileged, which means you do not have to disclose it as part of legal proceedings.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep - I just deleted it

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
We just had a phone call from a very old friend of ours. MR WD has known him since they were about 5 years old, going to the same school and running down the same lanes in Sparkbrook where the back to back houses were too numerous to count.

His wife passed away in July this year. The dreaded cancer claimed another victim.

This posted in wrong place?

Willd

Veteran
I recently had one saying that my Bitcoin were about to expire, I don't remember falling for the first scam and buying any in the first place :wacko:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Did it ever turn up where it should have done?

Nope. I deleted it

For security reasons, we have not included personal details with this email.
Why you got this email
You chose to get email notifications about your Council Tax.
This means we send you an email when your status changes.
From HMRC Check your Council Tax.

And here’s me thinking council tax was dealt with by the local authority not HMRC, who knew? :rolleyes::laugh:

I must be having a bad week- not only have I been locked out of my Amazon account four times (but not to the point where I couldn’t purchase anything) also there’s a warrant out for my arrest as I’ve been underpaying my income tax.......

Top Bottom