New Seat Required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User6179

Saddles are a personal choice , if your Sella was comfy then get another one .

vickster

Legendary Member
@Cuchilo has one of each for sale in classifieds so may be able to comment, although if selling as new presumably didn't get one with them

Saddles are quite tough to get right, getting the right width for your sit bones is a starting point

Dave7

Legendary Member
I had Sella's on both my road and hard tail (before they were nicked last month) and they were great.
My new road bike is fitted with £100+ Fizzik and I have yet to ride it so cant comment on it but I KNOW the Sella was really good.. I asked for a swap but as it was a sale bike I had to accept what came with it.
If you decide you want a Fizzik I will sell you this one cheap.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I loved the Selle slr team edition and the Fizik wing flex was also nice but not as nice as the Selle . The only reason I swapped was because I tried a Selle SMP . After fitting a Chrono to my best bike I knew I wanted one for my winter bike . I picked up an SMP lite on here which has a little padding in it . Good for the winter bike as I don't wear padded clothing on that . I think the Chrono is just that bit nicer but it has no padding . Not a problem as padded panties takes care of that :thumbsup:

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
Have a Fizik Antares which I find to be extremely comfortable and a Fizik Wing Flex which is the complete opposite. Gave the Wing Flex to my son, who's perfectly happy with it.

So, have to agree, saddles are a very personal piece of kit. :rolleyes:

Slioch

Guru
Per previous posters here, saddles are weird. I've spent a lot of dosh on many different saddles trying to get the perfect fit over the years, but the most comfortable saddle in my stable by a long way is the unbranded one that was fitted to a Carrera Virtuoso budget road bike that I got from Halfords a few years back. I can do 80+ miles on this and suffer no discomfort in the saddle department at all (the state of my legs are another story though :sad:). The next most comfortable saddle I have is a Charge Spoon.

You could spend a lot of money on a highly rated and "branded" saddle only to find it does not work for you, or you could spend a lot less on a "cheapie" and find it's the most comfortable thing ever.

I don't think there's a straightforward answer to your question. I believe there's a large element of luck on finding a saddle which is just right for your shape, and spending large amounts of money and checking other riders reviews may mitigate some of the risk, but ultimately will not guarantee a satisfactory outcome.

Sorry I can't be more helpful!

MikeW-71

Veteran
Anybody any recommendations in regards to saddles for road bikes. My Sella has reached the end of it's life. Anybody any experience re Fizzik
I agree, they are very personal things, saddles. I have a Fizik Aliante on the carbon bike and I find it very comfy, particularly on longer rides. I tried a Charge Spoon and it was nice for a couple of hours, then it was a pain.

Find an LBS that does Fizik saddles. They will often have some test ones that you can borrow to see if they work for you.

Cyclist33

I had Sella's on both my road and hard tail (before they were nicked last month) and they were great.
My new road bike is fitted with £100+ Fizzik and I have yet to ride it so cant comment on it but I KNOW the Sella was really good.. I asked for a swap but as it was a sale bike I had to accept what came with it.
If you decide you want a Fizzik I will sell you this one cheap.
dave give it a go first, the aliante is apparently v comfy.

horses for courses mind.

Top Bottom