NEW SKID LID

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iLB

Hello there
just wanted to tell evry1/boast about my new helmet, its sad but i think its awesome. stradiavarius 199, how frickin light is tht, and a snip at £80 thanks cycle ops.

OP
OP
iLB

iLB

Hello there
my view is, as long as it looks awesome then i'll wear it, anything i dont like then i wont wear. altho increasingly i find that i do actually WANT to wear it last year a friend of mine was hit by cars 3x and in each case the helmet saved his bonce. also i think my dad drilling it into me for 18 years is starting to get into my head, and the new clipless make me more prone to accidents. not to turn this into a helmet vs no helmet thread :biggrin:

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
ilovebikes said:
my view is, as long as it looks awesome then i'll wear it, anything i dont like then i wont wear. altho increasingly i find that i do actually WANT to wear it last year a friend of mine was hit by cars 3x and in each case the helmet saved his bonce. also i think my dad drilling it into me for 18 years is starting to get into my head, and the new clipless make me more prone to accidents. not to turn this into a helmet vs no helmet thread :smile:
What? I'd love to know the logic behind that statement, please. :becool:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Sh4rkyBloke said:
What? I'd love to know the logic behind that statement, please. :hello:

I would aswell, you should be saving your bike and not yourself.
Or to put it like your first post.
i wud aswel, u shud b savin ur bike and nt urself blud.:smile:

Remember, Kovu will be coming to get you if you dont use full english words:evil:
Can i boast about my new bar end plug on here? Its lighter then normal because it has a hole in the middle and is full carbon, a snip at just £56, and it saves 0.1g!!!!!!!!!:wacko:
I do appologise

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
£80...cheap as chips...... my new Bell cost £99 and that was cheap. Nothing like a proper good lid, far better than the cheap, overheating ones.....

OP
OP
iLB

iLB

Hello there
Sh4rkyBloke said:
What? I'd love to know the logic behind that statement, please. :rolleyes:

well in december i broke my thumb when falling during a clipless moment, and hit my head at the same time... so i'm hoping not to do it again but u never know;)

i appreciate 80 quid is still alot of cash, bt tbh i was alredi lookin into gettin a spesh s-works RRP 109.99, so when you take that into account its slightly better for my bank balance and i was using xmas money so its all gd.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I suppose you have to weigh up the cost of the helmet to the value of your head.

My first motorbike helmet, for my CBT to see if I could ride, cost £100. Once I knew I could ride I spent £170 on a helmet and many hundreds more on leathers and armour. Sometimes I think I should be wearing my motorbike gear when I go out, might be safer.

Kovu

Über Member
Joe24 said:
I would aswell, you should be saving your bike and not yourself.
Or to put it like your first post.
i wud aswel, u shud b savin ur bike and nt urself blud.:rolleyes:

Remember, Kovu will be coming to get you if you dont use full english words:evil:
Can i boast about my new bar end plug on here? Its lighter then normal because it has a hole in the middle and is full carbon, a snip at just £56, and it saves 0.1g!!!!!!!!!:smile:
I do appologise

Don't think I have actually ever said ought to ilovebikes about his english language.
I'll let the guy get away with it this once.

Congratulations i guess about the skid lid?? :smile::laugh:

OP
OP
iLB

iLB

Hello there
Kovu said:
Don't think I have actually ever said ought to ilovebikes about his english language.
I'll let the guy get away with it this once.

Congratulations i guess about the skid lid?? :smile::laugh:

phew, got away with it, i mean i wldnt wnt 2 hve rele bad spellin nd the like, thtd b awful. But of course i would also be obliged to very politely point out to Kovu the incorrect usage of the word 'ought' in her post :rolleyes:

Kovu

Über Member
ilovebikes said:
phew, got away with it, i mean i wldnt wnt 2 hve rele bad spellin nd the like, thtd b awful. But of course i would also be obliged to very politely point out to Kovu the incorrect usage of the word 'ought' in her post :rolleyes:

:smile: Don't start that ... Kovu is too good at them.
And I am allowed to write ought, Yorkshire. :smile:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Nah bruv, wt u syin, chatin shyt lk dat, cnt you spk propa blud der is oda forum 4 shyt lk dat get me blud

So, ilovebike, if your going to attempt to take the piss, at least try and do it right.
YC, we want you back. At least you do it properly!!

Top Bottom