New sportive - 13 September

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nigelnorris

Thanks for the heads up, I've never done anything like that before and have the weekend free. Think I'll give it a go.

Biggest ride so far has only been 50 miles though so not sure which distance to sign up for. I guess with the whole summer to build up I might be able to do the full 100 miles by September.

OP
OP
robgul

robgul

Legendary Member
nigelnorris said:
Thanks for the heads up, I've never done anything like that before and have the weekend free. Think I'll give it a go.

Biggest ride so far has only been 50 miles though so not sure which distance to sign up for. I guess with the whole summer to build up I might be able to do the full 100 miles by September.

Great to hear that - I would advise entering sooner rather than later as we have a limit on places.

(Enter for either distance - it's no problem to change the distance selected on the day ... or even part way round as the courses intertwine)

Rob

OP
OP
robgul

robgul

Legendary Member
ColinJ said:
I'm intending to do it. I rode the similar Cotswold Challenge back in May and enjoyed it despite the headwind-from-hell and bouts of torrential rain. Please arrange better weather for this one! :biggrin:

Places are going fast, enter now to make sure ... and the weather request has been made - cool & sunny, with a permanent tailwind from all directions!

Rob

OP
OP
robgul

robgul

Legendary Member
nigelnorris said:
Yep me too, thanks for sorting the weather out, that's a weight off my mind. :smile:

If this message means that you have entered? .... can you double check as the entry hasn't appeared at our end.

e-mail me at rob@ < the shakespeare100 domain > if there's a problem

Rob

nigelnorris

I've had the confirmation email:

[FONT=&quot]Order Number:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]66[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Date:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Saturday, 11 July 2009[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Status:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Pending[/FONT]

Maybe you're confused by the fact that my name isn't actually nigel norris?

OP
OP
robgul

robgul

Legendary Member
nigelnorris said:
I've had the confirmation email:

[FONT=&quot]Order Number:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]66[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Date:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Saturday, 11 July 2009[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Status:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Pending[/FONT]

Maybe you're confused by the fact that my name isn't actually nigel norris?

[Thanks, Ken]

Aha, I can see the entry ......you are obviously a double agent! We'll look out for a guy with dark glasses and a gun!

Rob

nigelnorris

robgul said:
Aha, I can see the entry ......you are obviously a double agent! We'll look out for a guy with dark glasses and a gun!

Rob
Well you know how it is; My own safety means nothing, but the innocent must be protected.

OP
OP
robgul

robgul

Legendary Member
Entries are coming in thick and fast ... it's time to enter to ensure your place.

UPDATE : There's now a report on the "recce ride" at www.shakespeare100.org.uk and we've confirmed a great feed station in the second half of the ride.

Rob

nigelnorris

Bugger. My preparation for this got off today with a 70 miler around a similar area, south Birmingham to Worcester and back, with disappointing results.

The distance was hard but I have no doubt that I can do a 100 without too much stress, but what has killed me was the speed. I normally manage close to 16 mph on shorter 15-25 mile runs, but this was barely 13 mph by the end. Was the hills that killed me plus the wind didn't help, I'm not used to anything like what I saw today.

Since the bronze completion time here is about 15 mph, at my speed it looks like everyone will have packed up and gone home by the time I finish. Like I said, bugger.

OP
OP
robgul

robgul

Legendary Member
nigelnorris said:
Bugger. My preparation for this got off today with a 70 miler around a similar area, south Birmingham to Worcester and back, with disappointing results.

The distance was hard but I have no doubt that I can do a 100 without too much stress, but what has killed me was the speed. I normally manage close to 16 mph on shorter 15-25 mile runs, but this was barely 13 mph by the end. Was the hills that killed me plus the wind didn't help, I'm not used to anything like what I saw today.

Since the bronze completion time here is about 15 mph, at my speed it looks like everyone will have packed up and gone home by the time I finish. Like I said, bugger.

I think you may have miscalculated the speed there ... but whatever, it doesn't matter what your speed is at the end of the day - just enjoy the ride (every finisher gets a medal, even if we have closed the control and have to post it on :wacko::biggrin: - only joking . . we'll be there)

Rob

nigelnorris

Ohmygosh I have as well. I read 100/7 as close to 15, but now I look and it's 100/7.5 = 13 1/3 all hope is renewed!

Medal = good, finishing within one of the published boundaries = better :wacko:

Thanks Rob :wacko:

[Oh and don't take my moaning too seriously, I have no real idea what is going on anyways, am really just looking forward to taking part :biggrin: ]

Top Bottom