New summer bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

djb1971

Legendary Member
A blast to ride :wacko:

izoard1.jpg
IMG%5D

dodgy

S-works, good choice.

Dave.

OP
OP
djb1971

djb1971

Legendary Member
The s-works is the winter/wet bike Dave ;)

I've had the Wilier about 2 weeks now to replace my Tarmac. It's a nice ride but I can't sit on it for a few days. I did over 140 miles last week in a day to Bala and back through Llangolen and my ar5e feels like it's been hit by a bus. The mistake was not really having the bike 100% dialled in and only previously doing 75 miles on it. Plus it took all day/evening and it was hot :?:

I'm having a recovery day week :sad:

OP
OP
djb1971

djb1971

Legendary Member
Thanks chaps. Red is favourite colour too :rolleyes:

Both sets of wheels are very good. I've had no problems with the mavics at all. They've done a huge amount of mileage and are still true even after lugging my mass around the crap Stoke roads. The join on them when new did make an annoying click whilst braking !!

The fulcrums are stiffer than the mavics and seem to get rolling faster with less effort. The Vittorias on them are not too good though and let the wheels down. They are very unforgiving and don't have much grip. I've yet to put the miles on them but they did fine on the Bala ride the other day. I'll stick some p3r or gp4000s on them in a couple of weeks, they give a comfier ride with more grip. :o)

I just hope the weather holds out for a few more days ;)

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
djb1971 said:
The s-works is the winter/wet bike Dave ;)

I've had the Wilier about 2 weeks now to replace my Tarmac. It's a nice ride but I can't sit on it for a few days. I did over 140 miles last week in a day to Bala and back through Llangolen and my ar5e feels like it's been hit by a bus. The mistake was not really having the bike 100% dialled in and only previously doing 75 miles on it. Plus it took all day/evening and it was hot :tongue:

I'm having a recovery day week :biggrin:

I'm not surprised you've got a sore posterior. Those black inverted U shaped thingies on the wheels must be very bumpy:biggrin:

What S Works is it and what Year?

OP
OP
djb1971

djb1971

Legendary Member
nice drivetrain too
lovely campy carbon ooooooooooooohhhhh................... sorry had a funny turn there:biggrin:

Those black inverted U shaped thingies on the wheels must be very bumpy
They give the ' continually going over speed humps' sensation if I forget to take them off :becool:

What S Works is it and what Year?

07 tricross. It's poorly because it needs a new bb :thumbsup:
my fat ar5e has over exerted it:blush:

Top Bottom