New things. The anti-nostalgia thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
i have a new digital camera. shiny shiny

TVC

Decent Australian Wine.

Controversial I know, lets see how many wine snobs quote this one and laugh at my apparent boorishness.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Marloborough is a stunningly nice valley, with the vinous goodness being the tempting icing on top of an altogether delicious cake.
To construct a car-crash of a metaphor.
I've had some rank Aussie wine, but not for ages. In fact, I can't remember the last time I had a bad bottle. Possibly that's more of a comment on me...

Rezillo

TwoSheds
Cars that don't overheat on long hills. Brilliant.

Every summer long distance holiday trip of my childhood in the 60s was marred by at some point having to wait while our car's engine cooled down enough to add more water to the radiator. This wasn't just our car - roads at hills and jam blackspots were lined with vehicles with their bonnets up all doing the same. No nostalgia for it - it was a complete pain.

This has reminded me of something I am nostalgic about - over to the other thread.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
World wide web
Email
Easyjet et al
I'm now into my 21st year on the internet and email. The WWW came a couple of years later - we had gopher before that.

Easyjet et al are simply a successful copy of what Freddie Laker and others did less successfully in the 1970s and 1980s.

Oh, and I remember broccoli (both purple sprouting and calabrese) from the 1970s too.

Top Bottom