New to cycling... Which Road Bike shall I get?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Leemc18

Regular
Hi, I'm totally new to this. Can anyone recommend a first road bike?

I'm thinking of getting a giant defy 2 on finance. Any reviews on this bike?

If your selling a bike Please let me know! I haven't bought the deft 2 yet

Thank you

Lee

Cyclist33

Light as a feather those defy 2s!

OP
OP
L

Leemc18

Regular
Cheers guys. They said they would do the bike at £750 with 0% finance over 6 - 36 months.

Sounded very reasonable.

I'd prefer to pay a couple of hundred for a used first bike and then upgrade in the near future but I'm struggling to find a reasonable bike for that

vickster

Legendary Member
Decathlon Triban 3 is £300. Reckon you'd get half back next spring easily if you look after it. Best vfm bike out there at the budget end - the Defy 2 is certainly better though (I have the women's equivalent), depends if you have the cash, however less of a strain on the never never (just make sure it is properly insured whatever you do, home contents or a specific bike policy as if it's nicked, you'll be paying off something you no longer have)

OP
OP
L

Leemc18

Regular
I want the b twin! Looks great and fits the budget!

Thanks every one.

Does anyone know if a used b twin is up for sale anywhere? I can't find one

vickster

Legendary Member
Doubtful, only been really popular for a few months, people won't be bored yet as the sun is shining. A big one did sell a little while back for £200, might as well pay the £300 if you can, get a new one, that is the right size - note, they seem to come up a size smaller than say a Giant, so make sure you have a sit on one if you can

vickster

Legendary Member
May need the next size up - ask in one of the many Triban threads what others have

54cm is on the small size if 5'10 I think - more like a 55cm or 56cm - what size Defy were they suggesting? A Medium?

D

Deleted member 22722

Hi, I'm totally new to this. Can anyone recommend a first road bike?

I'm thinking of getting a giant defy 2 on finance. Any reviews on this bike?

If your selling a bike Please let me know! I haven't bought the deft 2 yet

Thank you

Lee
Hi Lee,
I have a Defy 1 and can thoroughly recommend it, not all that different to the Defy 2. Does your employer partake in any of the Cycle Schemes? Interest free and tax savings to boot. What's not to like.

Top Bottom