New to cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

si_c

Guru
Looks like a fairly solid steel MTB, perhaps not the lightest bike ever, but certainly serviceable and with a bit of fettling to meet your needs, likely to be able to render faithful service until long after you no longer need it.

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
Welcome :smile:

As others have said your bike is fine at least to start off. Pump up the tyres, put a bit of oil on the chain, buy a cheap puncture repair kit and pump and off you go. Go for a D-lock rather than cable lock if you are leaving it anywhere with potential thieves.

If you're riding on the roads I'd recommend reading up at least on secondary and primary positioning, as this will make cycling much more pleasant and result in your having fewer punctures.

Bear in mind that the best route if you're driving isn't always the best route by bike (mainly because we have better shortcuts). Google Maps gives serviceable directions although you sometimes need to choose one of the less circular routes it suggests.

Finally, cycling is a good low impact activity so you can build your fitness quickly - you will be amazed at how much quicker you are even after a couple of weeks. Do it a way you enjoy, there is not a right way, right amount or right type of cycling.

Top Bottom