New To Fixed/Singlespeed, Any Bike Recommendations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Calum93

I've been looking at fixed bikes for a while now and I've finally decided that I want to buy one.
I have a budget of around £400, do you have any recommendations and that are worth checking out?

Personally I've been looking at the:
"Quella Varsity Collection 2014: Kings"
and
"State Bicycle Co - Abacabb 2.0"

The State Bicycle Co collection has caught my eye the most to be honest but I'm just wondering if there's any others or if I should go with one of these?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

1gearnoidea

Neither....overpriced heavy. Need i say more....I'd say buy a decent 2nd hand langster...good components and very light and fast...

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Neither....overpriced heavy. Need i say more....I'd say buy a decent 2nd hand langster...good components and very light and fast...
Agreed, you could also add to the list to look for second hand is a charge plug or a genesis flyer

Acesand8s

Regular
I love my All City and i got it used for a good price. I like State bikes as well but id look for a used one. Dont buy an SE racing fixie, and generally look for a bike brand that has a good headset and crankset, as well as if you get a carbon or aluminum bike CHECK THE ALINEMENT OF THE FRAME, as many big manufacturers send the frame in such a way that in its travels its alinement can get off. If your new to it id recomend steel because the alinement can get fixed after the fact. Also recognize what brakes it can or cant take as this can effect the VALUE of the bike in the future when you need to sell it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say buy a decent 2nd hand langster...good components and very light and fast...
^this :thumbsup:

RedRider

Pulling through
I'll throw the Surly Steamroller into the mix. Not mine tho' 'cos I like it too much. See here for 'roller love and second hand prices.

Delivers a comfortable ride over 150 miles and ideal for commutes on dodgy roads. I find mine fast enough, can keep up with the CF boys no probs (depending on gearing of course).

Last edited:
Top Bottom