New to road riding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tomb1960

Back to mudguards..........my commute is pitifully short compared to the distances being mentioned here, that said I have been very impressed with the race blades I've fitted to my bike. Easy to fit and they work very well and you always have the option of removing them should we get a dry summer!

walker

Bazz, you could do what some of us do and bring your clean clothes in on a monday, cycle the other days and then take it all home on the friday

Tynan

Veteran
mudguards do diddle when it ain't raining, granted, it clearly doesn't rain where bonj rides

and I've never heard mud guards called heavy before, little bit of plastic and a few bits of wire

I do need rack and panniers, carry a fair load for three days of the week, and I do want robust, the roads on my route are anything between not good and appalling, it is London after all, people in LBS tend to squint at you when you ask for a road bike with a rack

and I'll be having the gears (and brakes and tyres) changed just before I nearly commit to buy, it'll be proper road gearing, I'm very much looking forward to closer ratios after my years of clunking between gears on hybrids

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Tynan said:
mudguards do diddle when it ain't raining, granted, it clearly doesn't rain where bonj rides

They're useful for stopping spray coming up from wet roads too though, in my experience at least.

Tynan said:
... people in LBS tend to squint at you when you ask for a road bike with a rack

You'll be ok if you spend under £500, they assume it's your winter trainer :sad:

Top Bottom