New toy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woodbutcher

Veteran
Trying to recuperate after completely messing up one of my knees , first time back on a "real steel" bike yesterday even though l was going nowhere fast because not trusting myself to get back on the road just yet l bought one of these ! To be honest l have always thought they were a waste of money ( as in why not just ride your bike ) So l bought the cheapest one l could find at £39 so if l hated it at least hadn't wasted cash better spent on another essential bike ^_^ However , no worries because its a great little gizmo and l can pedal happily away in the sunshine while sipping a cooling drink if need be. Im going to do a few minutes each day until l feel confident enough to get back on the black stuff . If anyone has had similar experiences l'd like to hear how you got on !!
IMG_0908.JPG
IMG_0908.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0909.JPG
    IMG_0909.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 33
OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
I think it wasn't just my knee that got messed up, l am such a "plonker" when it comes to posting stuff in a sensible manner.....sorry !

Montsegur Horsefly

I've got one that I use for a bit of winter training when it's too icy outside. Can be good fun if you hook up a Sufferfest video on the laptop. If you do end up using it a lot it's worth getting a turbo wheel or a trainer tyre for the rear as the rubber is more hard wearing.

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
I think you got a bargain there for £39! Nice looking bike. Take it on the road and enjoy it. Remember that French drivers are a lot more considerate with cyclists than British ones.
I have been riding around where l live in France (Midi Pyrenees) for a few years now and l have never, hand on heart had a bad experience with French traffic. In fact a while back l posted a little tale regarding being rescued by a young (French) lady in her car when l found myself withoyught lights in the gathering gloom of evening but thats another story:whistle:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
PS you are going to need a fan or two. I have two fans for cooling, even in a cold garage in winter. Then comes a smart trainer and the slippery slope to Zwift.

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
PS you are going to need a fan or two. I have two fans for cooling, even in a cold garage in winter. Then comes a smart trainer and the slippery slope to Zwift.
Never having heard of Zwift (sheltered life) l just googled it !! They have to be kidding...virtual existence but not paid for with virtual cash l see ! Not on your (real) life, Give me the the road, the cold, the wet and the sun. When my knee is recovered ^_^

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Never having heard of Zwift (sheltered life) l just googled it !! They have to be kidding...virtual existence but not paid for with virtual cash l see ! Not on your (real) life, Give me the the road, the cold, the wet and th:laugh:e sun. When my knee is recovered ^_^

Where have you been living, Mars :laugh:

Its actually quite good especially in winter. Its too warm for a turbo but as Ive given up road cycling, its a good alternative to getting completely covered in mud most winter nights.

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
Have fun, I resisted until this winter when life just kept getting in the way of getting out properly, so now i just plug in youtube, stick on an album through my headphones and sweat on it for 40 minutes.
Was there any discernible difference in my form or fitness in spring? not really because it wasn't structured, did i fret less about not being out on the bike very much - yes, this still felt like hard work (because i made it hard work)

Top Bottom