New toy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
I could never stand riding the dumb turbo for any length of time, but when I was sidelined by an accident I bought a smart turbo, its brilliant when the weather is bad, you don't have to subscribe to Zwift to enjoy it.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Like you, I’m not into the whole immersive Zwift thing. But I do have a smart trainer that I use with TrainerRoad, music and podcasts. Love it and I can juggle work, weather and child care with relative ease. If I was ever injured, a trainer would be my first point of call. I admire your patience starting with such light sessions. Knowing me, I would cane it and end up injured again.

I did the same after I wrecked my cruciates. Just a base model with a resistance lever that attached to the handlebars. I started out doing 1 revolution in screaming pain without even the tyre clamped to the roller. The trusty stationary steed was my Carlton Kermesse. By last year I was doing Penistone to Holmfirth every week on the Jamis.
Now I've buggered up the fat pads (Hoffa pads?) so I'm back in pootle mode until they like me again :sad:

D

Deleted member 1258

I used a turbo for years, winter training, 1 hour twice a week with music on headphones watching my heart rate bounce around on my heart monitor, I think most people use power meters now.

I did the same after I wrecked my cruciates. Just a base model with a resistance lever that attached to the handlebars. I started out doing 1 revolution in screaming pain without even the tyre clamped to the roller. The trusty stationary steed was my Carlton Kermesse. By last year I was doing Penistone to Holmfirth every week on the Jamis.
Now I've buggered up the fat pads (Hoffa pads?) so I'm back in pootle mode until they like me again :sad:
hoffa's fat pads? Just had to look that one up!

Top Bottom