New trike help.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
JUst to upset you....

You didn't fancy the new fully suspended, folding Catrike Dumont?

Dumont07.jpg

Dumont08.jpg

OP
OP
Pikey

Pikey

Waiting for the turbo to kick in...
JUst to upset you....

You didn't fancy the new fully suspended, folding Catrike Dumont?

Dumont07.jpg

Dumont08.jpg

Ah man! Just after I'd made my mind up lol.

No, I've got my heart set on a 700 now, I'm not sure I like the look of the top bit of the seat in those pictures, just being a tart about it...

OP
OP
Pikey

Pikey

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: It's ordered!!

Mrs P even said she would pay for most of it:ohmy:

Now I'm wondering if this is just a rum imbibed afternoon nap dream after yesterday's pirate day indulgence:cheers:

Or if she just wants to invest in me being out of the house :whistle:

Either way, she's alright that one...

@Cunobelin , as you seem to be a seasoned triker, and I'm hopefully not opening up a debate thread, what is the MO with helmets, do you need one on a trike or are they an embuggerance with the head rest bit?

As always my stance is that it is your informed choice

What you need to do is set the "head rest" in the nape of the neck

This provides a rest without interfering with s helmet should you wear one

After that trikes are in theory safer as if you lose on a slippery surface you still remain steady and are not off the machine

However there is s learning curve and you can easily get carried away, take a corner too fast and tip the trike

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: It's ordered!!

Mrs P even said she would pay for most of it:ohmy:

Now I'm wondering if this is just a rum imbibed afternoon nap dream after yesterday's pirate day indulgence:cheers:

Or if she just wants to invest in me being out of the house :whistle:

Either way, she's alright that one...

I have a cautionary sad tale of woe

A few years ago I bought a Gekko folding trike

Unfortunately my other half liked it and then worst of all kidnapped it I did get it back but the Ransom value was Another Gekko- this time fitted with a Bionx motor

You know it is wrong when your Wife's bike is worth more than yours

Last edited:

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
You won't have any regrets with the Catrike 700. I had the 'R' version, and it's as close as you'll get to a 2 wheeler speed wise. However my Raptobike is still a good 10% quicker than the Catrike. I've now settled on the Rapto for fast commuting, and my trusty rear suspensioned Trice for the Winter.

Re the uphill climbing, I have no probs on the Rapto up steepish hills with a 60 and 70 tooth front ring......bit of a myth that bents can't climb, but yes, trikes can climb hills that some dfs can't, dfs can climb some hills that 2 wheel bents can't.

Have fun on your new machine!

OP
OP
Pikey

Pikey

I have a cautionary sad tale of woe

A few years ago I bought a Gekko folding trike

Unfortunately my other half liked it and then worst of all kidnapped it I did get it back but the Ransom value was Another Gekko- this time fitted with a Bionx motor

You know it is wrong when your Wife's bike is worth more than yours

It was sort of like that when I bought my first road bike many moons ago, she didn't understand why I needed another bike, but then a few months later we were driving to our honeymoon in Scotland but had to make a surprise diversion to South Wales to pick up a pink road bike for her.

I hope she has an eye on a trike too, I freaking love going on bike rides with her.... Soppy tw@t...

OP
OP
Pikey

Pikey

You won't have any regrets with the Catrike 700. I had the 'R' version, and it's as close as you'll get to a 2 wheeler speed wise. However my Raptobike is still a good 10% quicker than the Catrike. I've now settled on the Rapto for fast commuting, and my trusty rear suspensioned Trice for the Winter.

Re the uphill climbing, I have no probs on the Rapto up steepish hills with a 60 and 70 tooth front ring......bit of a myth that bents can't climb, but yes, trikes can climb hills that some dfs can't, dfs can climb some hills that 2 wheel bents can't.

Have fun on your new machine!

Yeah I was torn between the cat and the raptobike. Tbh, starting out in recumbents, and needing to do a 400 on it next year, the extra wheel was just too appealing lol.

Top Bottom